《大西洋帝国》精讲 第一季第1集(21)(在线收听

Chicago's a fine town.

芝加哥是个不错的城市

It ain't New York, that's for sure.

但不是纽约,这毫无疑问

New York ain't New York now with prohibition.

有了禁酒令,纽约也不是纽约了

It will be if I have something to say about it.

要我说还是一样

Ain't that the reason we're all here tonight?

我们今晚难道不是为此而来吗

As you know, in light of recent developments,

鉴于目前事态的发展

I thought it might be of mutual benefit

我想互相沟通一下

for you boys to meet.

对大家都好

All the way from chitown

真是风城

out of the goodness of his heart.

最善良的人

When I say mutual benefit, I mean mine too.

我说的相互得利也包括我自己

I didn't come here for the pastasciutta.

我来此可不是为了吃意大利面的

I'll be expecting a matchmaking fee.

我期待着中介费

Of course.

当然

See, in addition to their other enterprises,

除了其他企业

messrs. Rothstein and Luciano

罗斯坦和卢西亚诺

Have significant interests

对纽约的

in the cabaret business back in New York.

夜总会生意颇感兴趣

And a man such as yourself,

像您这样的人

with both political influence

既有政治影响力

as well as a passing acquaintance

又能在大西洋上

with the seafaring types of the Atlantic Ocean

畅通无阻

Hey, Johnny, talk english.

强尼,说英语

Salvatore...

萨尔瓦托

big business.

大买卖

So what's the difference?

又有什么区别

Go ahead, do what you were going to do.

继续,说你刚才想说的

Could you fix us up or no?

你能帮我安排吗

We'll take alls

开始,我们至少

we can get up to 2,000 crates a month. For starters.

要增加到每月两千箱的量

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dxydgjj/555987.html