《足迹》精讲08(在线收听

  Listen, I’m going to make you a proposition.

  听着, 我有个建议。

  A few years ago, I gave her some jewels.

  几年前 我给了她一些珠宝。

  Amazingly expensive.

  昂贵无比。

  I didn’t give them to her, I own them.They’re insured in my name.

  我没有把它们给她 我拥有它们 以我的名义投保。

  But I let her use them on special occasions.

  但我允许她在特殊场合上配戴它们。

  They’re worth 1 million pounds.

  它们价值一百万英镑。

  They spend half the time in the bank, half the time in the safe.

  一半时间在银行里 一半时间在保险箱内。

  At the moment, they’re here in the house, in the safe.

  现在, 它们就在这屋子里的保险箱内。

  And I want you to steal them.

  我要你偷走它们。

  Steal them?That’s right.

  偷走它们? 没错。

  What the hell do you mean?I want you to steal the jewels.

  你到底什么意思? 我要你偷走珠宝。

  You want me to steal the jewels?I don’t get it.

  你要我偷走珠宝? 我不明白。

  It’s simple.You steal the jewels, sell them abroad...

  很简单, 你偷走珠宝 ,卖至海外...

  ...and you live happily ever after with Maggie.

  从此以后与玛吉过着幸福的生活。

  I get rid of my wife and I’ll be like a pig in shit.

  而我将摆脱我的妻子幸福得像睡在猪圈里的猪一样。

  You can keep Maggie in the manner to which she’s become accustomed.

  你可以让玛吉继续保持她的生活方式。

  You want me to take part in a scummy little plot...

  你要我参与一项下流的阴谋...

  ...to defraud your insurance company, is that it?

  合伙诈骗你的保险公司是不是?

  I thought it was quite elegant.

  我觉得这相当优雅。

  What do you think I am?

  你当我是什么人?

  What the fuck are you actually talking about?

  该死的你到底在说些什么?

  These are real facts.This is a joke.

  这是实话 这是玩笑。

  No.It’s also a trap.

  不 这还是个陷阱。

  A trap?Yes.You think I’m a fool.

  陷阱? 是的 你当我是傻瓜。

  Well, are you?

  哦,你是吗?

  They’re worth a million pounds.You’d get a fraction of that from any fence.

  它们价值一百万英镑 而任何销赃者只会给你一点零头。

  I have already contacted a friend of mine in Amsterdam.

  我已经和在阿姆斯特丹的一位朋友联系过了。

  And he will give you 800,000 pounds taxfree.

  他将给你八十万英镑而且是免税的。

  Eight hundred thousand pounds...

  八十万镑...

  Now, think about it.

  现在 好好考虑一下

  ...taxfree.

  免税

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zjjj/556552.html