《指环王》精讲54(在线收听

A lament for Gandalf.

他们在为甘道夫哀悼。

What do they say about him?

他们说些什么?

I have not the heart to tell you.

我不忍心告诉你。

For me, the grief is still too near.

对我来说,伤口仍然太痛了。

I bet they don't mention his fireworks.

我敢说他们一定不会提起他的烟火。

There should be a verse about them.

他们应该写首诗歌。

The finest rockets ever seen.

举世无匹烟火秀。

They burst in stars of blue and green. Or after thunder, silver showers.

晶亮蓝绿成星辰。迅若闪电,灿如银雨。

Came falling like a rain of flowers.

天女散花差可掇。

Oh, that doesn't do them justice by a long road.

这完全无法形容其精彩程度之万一。

Take some rest.

休息吧。

These borders are well-protected.

这里很安全。

I will find no rest here.

我在这里无法休息。

I heard her voice inside my head.

我听到她的声音。

She spoke of my father and the fall of Gondor.

她提到我父舰和刚铎的灭亡。

She said to me, "even now there is hope left."

她说,“现在仍有一线希望。”

But I cannot see it.

但是我却看不到。

It is long since we had any hope.

我们长久以来都没有希望。

My father is a noble man.

我父亲拥有高贵情操。

But his rule is failing and our people lose faith.

但是他无法统治刚铎,人民也失去信心。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhwjj/557205.html