福克斯新闻 米尔皮塔斯联合学区教师因房租过高离开:这一切都是加州咎由自取(在线收听

Fox News contributor and former public school teacher Leo Terrell, good morning to you, Leo.

今天我们请到的是福克斯新闻撰稿人、前公立学校教师利奥·特雷尔,早上好,利奥。

Hi, Ainsley, thanks for having me.

嗨,安斯利,感谢邀请。

Well thank you so much for coming on.

好的,非常感谢你能来。

This is the Milpitas Unified School District and how, you know, it's wonderful that these families are saying “Yes, come live with me. I will house you. I won't charge you as much for a room to rent. You can come live with with our beautiful family.”

关于米尔皮塔斯联合学区的问题,值得高兴的是,这些家庭说“好的,来和我一起住吧。我会给你提供住处。我出租一间房不会收你那么多钱。你可以来和我们这个美好家庭住在一起。”

But how sad is it that our teachers aren't even making enough to pay for rent in some of these areas.

但令人悲哀的是,我们的老师甚至赚不到足够的钱来支付其中一些地区的房租。

It's very sad.

这非常可悲。

It is due to the self-inflicted inflationary policies of Gavin Newsom who's off campaign in California.

这都是因为加文·纽瑟姆咎由自取的通胀政策,他在加州结束了竞选活动。

Get this Ainsley: I used to be a schoolteacher.

听着,安斯利:我曾经是一名教师。

They want teachers who want to start their careers to go back and live like they're in a college dorm that be in a place as a roommate.

他们希望那些想要开始自己职业生涯的教师回到过去的那种生活,就像他们住在大学宿舍里一样,就像是在一个地方作为室友生活一样。

No privacy whatsoever and it makes a very false assumption.

没有任何隐私,而且这形成了一个非常错误的假设。

What if you are a schoolteacher; you’re making $70,000, $80,000; you have a family?

如果你是一名教师;挣七八万美元;还有个家庭要养活怎么办?

It’s not the one-size-fits-all.

这个政策并不通用。

And all of this is self-inflicted.

而这一切都是咎由自取。

And you, if you can imagine try to rent a one-bedroom apartment.

想象一下,你想租一间一居室。

You're making $70,000, $80,000 a year, $100,000 a year as a teacher and try to get an electric car.

作为一名教师,你一年赚七、八万美元,或者十万美元,然后努力想买一辆电动汽车。

They have made it impossible for middle-class Californians to live in California.

他们害得加州的中产阶级住不起加州的房子。

It's too expensive.

太贵了。

Oh yeah because in 2035 that's when that new law is is implemented where you have to buy an electric car you can't drive a gas a gas car anymore.

哦,是的,因为到2035年,新的法律就会实施,规定你必须买电动汽车,不能再开汽油车了。

And you make a good point because you're saying on many of them have families.

你说的很对,他们中的许多人都有家庭。

Some of them are single moms with three kids.

他们中的一些人是带着三个孩子的单身母亲。

A family probably can't take in that many people.

一个家庭多半容纳不了那么多人。

So this is really for for the single women or men that are teachers.

因此,这个政策实际上只是为单身女性或男性教师服务的。

This is the heart and soul of Democratic policy - one-size-fits-everything.

这就是民主党政策的核心和灵魂--一刀切。

But, you know, as a lawyer I'm looking here now, as a school teacher and a lawyer, every family, every teacher has different family obligations, requirements.

但是,作为一名律师,作为一名学校教师和律师,我现在观察到,每个家庭、每个教师都有不同的家庭义务和需求。

A mother with two kids, a mother with three kids, a mother and father trying to live off of a teacher’s salary.

有两个孩子的母亲,有三个孩子的母亲,靠教师工资生活的父母,他们的家庭义务和需求是不同的。

They have made it impossible and with inflationary policies in California you cannot become a teacher and enjoy a quality life.

他们害得这些人没办法在加州生活,在加州的通胀政策下,教师不可能享受高质量生活。

The quality of life Ainsley, especially the last five days in California, it sucks; it’s horrible.

他们的生活质量,安斯利,尤其是过去五天内,加州教师的生活质量,简直糟糕透了,太可怕了。

And Ainsley imagine you want to start your career as a teacher but you got to live like a college roommate, it doesn't make sense.

安斯利你想象一下,假如你想成为一名教师,但你得像大学室友一样生活,这是没有意义的。

Yeah I mean my mom thankfully we had two salaries; my mom would not have made enough as a teacher for 33 years in South Carolina to support three kids.

是的,谢天谢地我们家有两个收入来源,否则就凭我妈妈在南卡罗来纳州当了33年教师赚的钱,连养活三个孩子都不够。

My sister's a single uh woman living in Charleston and it's very expensive there, you know, and she it's, she can't really afford to live the life that she wants to live, much less take a vacation or do something like that.

我妹妹单身,她住在查尔斯顿,那里的房价很贵,她真的负担不起她想过的生活,更不用说度假或做类似的事情了。

Meanwhile she's making a difference in the lives of 24 kids every year.

与此同时,她每年都会教24个学生,为他们的人生带来改变。

It's really sad, and this is, is this Nancy Pelosi's area?

这真的很可悲,这是南希·佩洛西的地盘吗?

This is Silicon Valley.

这是硅谷啊。

Yeah it's it's up there in the rich land.

是的,它就位于那片富人区。

It's the Gavin Newsom the guy who spent $28,000 a night on a vacation in Kabul.

这是加文·纽瑟姆的地盘,他在喀布尔度假一晚就花了两万八美元。

It's the rich man area.

这是富人区。

You see this is the Democratic elite what they're going to do is they're going to drain talent.

你看,这就是民主党精英,他们要做的就是放任人才流失。

Teachers who want to teach are going to move elsewhere.

想要教书的教师会搬到其他地方去。

I still have my teaching license.

我的教师资格证还在。

I can’t afford to be a teacher again because it's too expensive.

可我再也当不起老师了,因为成本太高了。

And great teachers are going to leave California.

优秀的老师即将离开加州。

But you know what, the Democratic elites have turned their backs on the middle-class Americans.

但你知道吗,民主党精英们已经背弃了美国中产阶级。

That's why middle-class Americans has gone Republican.

这就是为什么美国中产阶级都变成了共和党人。

That's the bottom line.

这才是关键。

Yeah you're right, you're right.

是的,你说得对。

Well, Leo, I think the same for law enforcement; I think the same for preachers; I think the same for teachers.

嗯,利奥,我对于执法部门、传教士和教师的想法和你一样。

They're all very important and we need them but they're not making enough.

他们都很重要,我们需要他们,但他们赚得还不够多。

Thank you Leo.

谢谢你,利奥。

Yes, you're right.

是的,你说得对。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fksxw/558383.html