福克斯新闻 美国国土安全部招志愿者给移民做家务(在线收听

For more on this, let’s bring in Chad Wolf, former DHS acting secretary and America First Policy Institute executive director.

有关这方面的更多信息,我们请来了前国土安全部代理秘书、美国第一政策研究所执行主任查德·沃尔夫。

Chad, I'm rarely shocked by things, but what Jillian just reported seems to me to just be so beyond the pale.

查德,我很少对事情感到震惊,但吉莉安刚刚报告的事情在我看来太离谱了。

Let's get your take on it.

让我们来听听你对这件事的看法。

Well absolutely, look, there, you know, when they recruit a volunteer force, Brandon Judd's right, there's a crisis along that border.

好的,当他们招募志愿者部队时,布兰登·贾德是对的,边境沿线出现了危机。

But it really infuriates me because they're not actually trying to solve the problem.

但这真的让我很生气,因为他们实际上并没有试图解决问题。

They're just trying to manage the influx of individuals coming across that border.

他们只是试图控制涌入边境的人罢了。

And that's fine. You, we've got to take care of them; you've got to process them.

这当然无可厚非。毕竟我们肯定要照顾他们;也必须审查他们。

But where are the measures in place that we're actually trying to solve this so in 2 and 3 months, 6 months from now we're not in the same place?

但是,真正去尝试解决这个问题的措施在哪里?在2、3个月或6个月之后,能让我们取得进展的措施在哪里?

And that's where this administration is just falling asleep.

而这正是本届政府玩忽职守的地方。

They have no plan in place to actually mitigate this, to actually try to reduce the numbers, to draw this crisis to a close.

他们没有制定任何计划来真正改善现在的情况,来真正试图减少越境人数,结束这场危机。

Instead, they just continue to manage this throwing more personnel, whether it's a volunteer force or it's more border patrol agents, to simply process these migrants in every single day at numbers, historical numbers that we've never seen before.

相反,他们只是继续投入更多的人员,无论是志愿者部队还是更多边境巡逻人员,来粗略审查移民,每天的审查数量简直创历史之最。

So that's what's frustrating to me.

这就是让我沮丧的地方。

I know there are things that works.

我知道有解决办法。

I know there are ways to mitigate this crisis.

我也知道有办法能够减轻这场危机的影响。

This administration does not seem interested in doing any of that.

但这届政府似乎对这些办法都不感兴趣。

Well, they want people to volunteer here to pick up garbage along the border.

他们就希望人们在这里做志愿者,在边境沿线捡垃圾。

I don't know how you define that job.

我都不知道这种工作应该叫什么。

I don't know where that came from, and we'll see whether or not they can recruit the way they want to.

我不知道这种工作是从哪来的,我们就等着看他们是否能以他们想要的方式招募到人才吧。

Mayorkas is speaking over the weekend.

马约卡斯在周末发表讲话。

Remember when Kamala Harris said the border is secure?

还记得卡玛拉·哈里斯说边境很安全的那时候吗?

He said, “the political cry that the border is open is music to the smugglers’ ears because they take that political rhetoric and they market it.”

他曾评价道:“边境开放的政治呼声对走私者来说如音乐般美妙,因为他们学会了这番政治言论,并将其兜售给其他人。”

Now the whole idea about the border is open.

现在再来看看边境开放这个概念。

Two years?

两年了吧?

We go to Bill Melugin every day.

我们每天都能看到比尔·梅卢金播报某地出事儿的新闻。

There's either a drone in the sky, or there's a camera on the ground.

要么是天空中有无人机,要么是地面上有摄像头。

And I mean, you know, fool yourself if you think the border is not open.

我的意思是,如果你认为边境没有开放,你就是在自欺欺人。

Well absolutely, I mean, this comment by the secretary is really beyond the pale.

当然,国务卿的这一评论真的很离谱。

Basically what he's saying is that all the Americans out there are policy leaders.

他的意思基本上就是,所有的美国人都是政策领袖。

Members of Congress, who are really concerned about this issue and are actually speaking out on it, are somehow to blame for the crisis that the smugglers are slowly listening, only listening to these folks and to news media -- Fox News and others, saying that the border is open.

那些真正关心这一问题,并为此发声的国会议员,却不知何故要为这场危机负责,这场危机说的是走私者逐渐变得只听这些人和福克斯新闻等新闻媒体所说的边境开放的话。

And that’s absurd, right?

这很荒谬,对吧?

They know it's open because of the policies of this Administration.

走私者们知道,有了本届政府的政策,边境肯定是开放的。

They know it's open because every month they get hundreds of thousands of individuals to cross that border.

他们知道边境是开放的,因为每个月都会有数十万人越过边境。

Every month there's more and more gotaways.

每个月都有越来越多的人逃脱出去。

So the smugglers don't need to listen to, to political folks or anyone else talk about the borders open.

所以走私者用不着听政界人士或其他任何人谈论边境开放了。

The reality is the border is open.

现实就摆在眼前,边境就是开放的。

They know it’s open.

他们知道它是开着的。

And CBP interviews folks every single day, migrants every single day.

美国海关和边境保护局每天都会审问人们,每天都会审问移民。

And the migrants are saying the border is open, that’s why we’re coming here.

移民也会回答说边境是开放的,这就是我们来这里的原因。

And so this, this idea and this comment from the secretary is again trying to shift blame.

因此,边境开放这个概念和国务卿的评论就是在试图再次推卸责任。

The blame, you know, obviously is on the Biden Administration.

现在责任显然在拜登政府身上。

The policies are encouraging this surge.

导致越境移民数量激增的就是政策。

Nothing else.

跟其他人没有关系。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fksxw/558524.html