我会让你发财(在线收听


SCENE
A  隔周,吉娜到老板的隔间去看他

【我会让你发财】

 

Zina:           Hi, boss. You wanted to see me?

吉娜:  嗨,老板。你说要见我?

 

Vince:  Zina. Look, I know when I 1) hired you, I told you I'd pay you a salary. But I just can't.

文斯:         吉娜。听着,我知道当我雇用你之时,我说过会付你薪水。可是我没办法。

 

Zina:  Excuse me? I hope I didn't just hear what I think I just heard.

吉娜:         你说什么?我希望我不是真的听到我以为我听到的。

 

Vince:         I know it's 2) awkward, but you're going to be thanking me later. I'm going to make you rich.

文斯:         我知道这说来尴尬,不过你以后会感谢我的。我会让你发财。

 

Zina:  You're going to make me rich by not paying me?

吉娜:         你要用不给我薪水的方法让我发财?

 


语言详解

 

A: How many people did the company hire this year?

   公司在今年雇用了多少人?

 

B: Over two hundred.

   超过两百个。

 

look听着】

 

很奇怪,怎么英文的look会翻译成中文的听着?其实这正说明文化的差异。在英、美社会里,要对方在意你即将说的话,最普遍的语词是look,而我们在同样情况下却说听着

 

A:Look, I'll give you ten dollars if you sweep the room for me.

    听着,如果你帮我扫房间,我就给你十块钱。

B:Sounds reasonable.

    听起来蛮合理的。

 

1) hire (v.) 雇用

2) awkward (a.) 令人尴尬的的,感到尴尬的

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7793.html