万一他就是你那伦巴男孩呢?(在线收听


SCENE
A   戴夫由上方探头,进吉娜的隔间

【万一他就是你那伦巴男孩呢?】

 

Dave:     Hey, Zina. You shouldn't act so tough with Vince. 1) What if he's your rhumba boy?

戴夫:  嘿,吉娜。你不该故意对文斯那么凶巴巴的。万一他就是你那伦巴男孩呢?

 

Zina:  Please. He's only nice to me because I'm making him a ton of money.

吉娜:         拜托喔。他对我好只是因为我在帮他赚大钱。

 

Dave:          He was definitely happy. You must be making a lot of sales.

戴夫:         他真是高兴得很。你一定做成了很多买卖。

 

Zina:           It isn't hard. All the 2) online businesses need a way to 3) keep track of the 4) traffic to their 5) sites.

吉娜:         这不难。所有的线上商务都需要设法掌握他们网站的流量。

 

Dave:  That's InfoKing. Tracks every visitor. Or at least it will, if we can get it to work.

戴夫:         这就是资讯王。掌握每一位访客。或者至少以后会是这样,若我们能让做出来的东西管用。

 

语言详解

 

A: I can't get online.

     我连不上线。

 

B: There must be too many other people using the Internet.

     一定是有太多人上网了。

 

act tough with... 故作强硬】

 

tough 这个字,指的是强悍的,若要说对……很强悍、强硬就是be tough with...,对话中用了act这个字,act tough with听来的感觉倾向于故意装得很强硬

 

A: I'm so angry. I could hit you in the face.

    我好生气。我真想揍你的脸。

B: Don't you act so tough with me. I know you couldn't hurt a fly.

    你别跟我故作强硬。我知道你连只苍蝇都舍不得杀。

 

get it to work 让它运作】

 

get...to work这个句型,若是用在事物身上,是指让……能够运作,可能是指草创的新东西,或是某个窒碍难行的制度,也可以单纯指东西坏了:

 

A: My car broke down again.

    我的车又坏了。

B: I bet I can get it to work. Where is it?

    我打赌能让它上路。车子在哪里?

 

1) what if... 万一,要是……

2) online (a.) 连上电脑网路的,线上的

3) keep track of... 随时掌握……

4) traffic  (n.) 此指网站的流量

5) site (n.)网站,即website

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7799.html