你要知道动机何在吗?(在线收听


SCENE
B  戴夫由上方探头,进吉娜的隔间 

【你要知道动机何在吗?】

 

Zina:     Do you want to know what really 1) motivates Vince to be nice to me?

吉娜:     你要知道文斯对我好的动机何在吗?

 

Dave:     OK. What?

戴夫:     好啊。是什么?

 

Zina:              It isn't 2) gratitude. It's fear. Vince is afraid I'll 3) jump to a 4) competitor.

吉娜:     那不是感激。是恐惧。文斯怕我会跳出去帮竞争对手。

 

Dave:     You wouldn't do that. Would you?

戴夫:     你不会这么做,对吧?

 

Zina:              I might. Vince knows he needs to keep me happy.

吉娜:     我或许会喔。文斯知道他得让我保持快乐。

 

Dave:     What about your 5) accounts?

戴夫:     那你的客户呢?

 

语言详解

 

A: Man, that guy was a really good boxer.

    天啊,那家伙真是个好拳手。

 

B: You fought a good fight. But your next competitor will be even tougher.

     你打了场好拳。但是你的下个对手将会更强。

 

nice to me 对我好】

 

nice to 后面接时,表示友善、随和的意思,例如:

 

Grandma was nice to me when I visited her.

我去探望祖母时她对我很友善。

We should all be nice to the new-comer.

我们应该对那位新来的人客气些。

 

I might. 我可能会】

 

在英文中谈论"可能"的情态助动词(modals)有好几个,包括might, could, may, must。大致上,might表示的"可能"是最低,而must最高。

Tina might be sick.(少于50%可能)

Tina could be sick.(约50%可能)

Tina may be sick.  (约50%可能)

Tina must be sick. (约90%可能)

 

1) motivate  (v.) 给……动机

2) gratitude  (n.) 感激

3) jump to... 换(公司),尤指违反合约的情况。

4) competitor  (n.)竞争者

5) account (n.) 客户,尤指生意上往来的客户。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zhichangshejiao/7800.html