英语 英语 日语 日语 韩语 韩语 法语 法语 德语 德语 西班牙语 西班牙语 意大利语 意大利语 阿拉伯语 阿拉伯语 葡萄牙语 葡萄牙语 越南语 越南语 俄语 俄语 芬兰语 芬兰语 泰语 泰语 泰语 丹麦语 泰语 对外汉语

VOA常速英语2019--走近攀岩运动

时间:2019-12-31 17:18来源:互联网 提供网友:nan   字体: [ ]
    (单词翻译:双击或拖选)

Really I think I was born to be an off-width climber.

真的,我认为我天生就是宽裂缝攀岩者。

That was what my body was designed for. And clearly it was what my personality was designed for,

这就是我的身体和性格是如此的目的。

because it requires an ability to believe in yourself, beyond your physical capacity.

因为这需要一种相信自己的能力,超越你的身体能力。

My name is Pamela Shanti Peck, and I’m a professional rock climber.

我叫帕梅拉·香蒂·派克,我是一名专业攀岩者。

Utah is my favorite place to climb because we have these massive sandstone cliffs,

犹他州是我最喜欢攀登的地方,因为那里有巨大的砂岩悬崖,

and often I’m the very first person to climb those particular cracks, so it’s like being some sort of an explorer.

通常我是第一个爬上这些特殊裂缝的人,所以这就像探险家。

I climb in a traditional-style, which means that I have specific gear that’s designed for placing in a crack,

我以传统的方式攀爬,这意味着我有特殊的齿轮,专门用来放置在裂缝里,

and as I climb, that gear catches me if I fall.

当我爬的时候,如果我摔倒了,这个装备就会抓住我。

Choosing when to place the gear, whether you’re going to place the gear, what are the chances you’re going to fall,

需要选择何时放置起落架,是否要放置起落架,判断坠落的几率有多大,

it just adds the component of reading the space as I climb and that makes it a little more exciting for me.

它只是增加了我攀登时阅读空间的成分,这让我更兴奋了。

Being a professional rock climber as a woman is relatively new.

作为一名女性,成为一名职业攀岩者是相对不常见的事情。

When I started in this particular style, it was a 2010.

我从2010年开始用这种特别的风格。

I was the first woman to devote myself to off width-climbing,

我是第一个致力于户外攀岩的女性,

and there was a lot of resistance to that and I was criticized for everything, it didn’t matter what.

当时有很多反对的声音,我做什么都会被批评。

I was criticized for wearing my hair down. I was criticized for what I wore when I climbed.

有人批评我把头发披散了。有人批评我攀登时穿的衣服。

Ultimately, all that criticism really inspired me to continue climbing.

最终,所有的批评都激励我继续攀登。

All right, good to go.

好的,可以开始了。

It is a dangerous sport, so there’s a lot that goes into it.

这是一项危险的运动,所以会涉及很多内容。

I’ve climbed despite having broken ribs and various other injuries.

尽管我折断了肋骨,还受了各种各样的伤,但我还是爬了上去。

In a way, maybe that’s a form of meditation.

在某种程度上,这可能是一种冥想。

I’m able to put the pain in the background, and I will make myself climb and allow myself to feel that pain after I finished the climb.

我可以把痛苦放在背景中,我会让自己爬起来,让自己在爬完之后感受那种痛苦。

And then this is an unpleasant moment where I am getting some blood work done after falling and needing to have surgery on my kidney.

然后这是一个不舒适的时刻,我需要在跌倒后做一些血液工作,并进行肾脏手术。

I’ve had two really bad injuries.

我受了两次重伤。

The one was a fall where I had kidney surgery, and then the other was that one where I had the back injury.

一个是我做了肾脏手术的时候摔倒了,另一个是我背部受伤了。

It’s always historically been, maybe, the least popular style of climbing there’s ever been,

这可能是历史上最不受欢迎的攀登方式,

because of the physical brutality of this style.

因为这种风格对身体很残忍。

But I very quickly realized that it was a technically brilliant style and an artful style,

但我很快意识到这是一种技术上很出色的风格,一种巧妙的风格,

and that I could change it, that I could find new routes, and that I could establish new techniques,

我可以改变它,我可以找到新的路线,我可以建立新的技术,

and my focus, as I said many times, is to bring grace to the grovel.

正如我多次说过的,我的重点是给这种残忍的攀岩方法带来魅力。

I think my greatest passion or obsession as a climber aside from just you know climbing off-width, is looking for routes that are improbable.

作为一个攀岩者,我最大的热情和痴迷就是寻找那些不太可能的路线。

I’ll drive down these canyons and I’ll look for routes that no one else has seen before,

我要开车穿过这些峡谷去寻找别人没见过的路线

and it takes a certain eye, a lot of imagination, a lot of creativity.

这需要一双眼睛,大量的想象力,大量的创造力。

It’s like being an artist, having the idea of a book, the idea for a painting,

这就像一个艺术家,有一本书的想法,一幅画的想法,

and I’m just seeking out those ideas and then I’ll create them.

我只是在寻找这些想法,然后创造它们。

My emphasis is on finding lines that tell a really good story.

我的重点是找到那些讲述好故事的台词。

One of the joys of establishing a route is then you get to name the route.

建立路线的乐趣之一就是你可以为路线命名。

One of them is named the Kill Artist, so that probably gives you a little bit of an idea of what that experience is like.

其中一个被命名为“杀戮艺术家”,所以这可能会让你对那种体验有一些概念

I think as far as first ascents now,I’ve lost track but oh well over a 100 at this point.

我想在第一次攀登的时候,我已经迷失了方向,但是在这一点上我已经超过了100分。

My father, Robert Pack, is a poet and he wrote this poem for me to express his apprehensions about my climbing

我的父亲罗伯特·帕克是一位诗人,他为我写这首诗是为了表达他对我登山的忧虑

but also to express his understanding for what I do.

也表达了他对我所做的事情的理解。

Down on firm planet earth, my wife and I share apprehensions,

在坚定的土地上,我和妻子有共同的忧虑,

that are easy to explain, as dread of helplessness,

这很容易解释,那就是对无助的恐惧,

and yet without the ecstasies in disciplined suspension of her breath, are almost weightless floating there,

然而,没有那种按捺住呼吸的狂喜,像失重一样漂浮在那里的,

perhaps the vast, unfathomable, uncertainty of parenthood possesses in its dark dismal depths of mad exhilaration of its own.

或许是为人父母所担忧的巨大的、深不可测的不确定性,在不确定性黑暗阴暗的深处,有其本身疯狂的喜悦。

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎点击提交分享给大家。
------分隔线----------------------------
TAG标签:   VOA英语  VOA听力  VOA常速
顶一下
(0)
0%
踩一下
(0)
0%
最新评论 查看所有评论
发表评论 查看所有评论
请自觉遵守互联网相关的政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
验证码:
听力搜索
推荐频道
论坛新贴