-
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
15.Failure Is an Option, but Fear Is Not
15.失败是一个选项,但畏惧不是
So, when I came back to make my next movie, which was Avatar,
所以,我开始拍摄接下来的电影《阿凡达》时,
I tried to apply that same principle of leadership which is that you respect your team, and you earn their respect in return.
试着运用了这种领导原则,我尊重我的团队,他们也很尊重我。
And it really changed the dynamic.
这让团队变得很有活力。
So, here I was again with a small team, in uncharted territory doing Avatar,
所以,这次我也带了一支小团队,在未经探索的地区拍摄《阿凡达》,
coming up with new technology that didn't exist before. Tremendously exciting.
创造前所未有的新技术,这非常有意思,
Tremendously challenging. And we became a family, over a four and half year period.
也颇具有挑战性。在这四年半多的时间里,我们就像一家人一样。
And it completely changed how I do movies.
这完全改变了我拍电影的方式。
So, people have commented on how, well, you brought back the ocean organisms and put them on the planet of Pandora.
有人评论说,卡梅隆只是把一些海洋生物放到了潘多拉星球上。
To me it was more of a fundamental way of doing business, the process itself, that changed as a result of that.
但我来说,建立这种互相尊重的默契不仅仅是做商业电影的基本法则,而是过程本身改变了事情的结果。
So, what can we synthesize out of all this? You know, what are the lessons learned?
我能从这些经历中总结出什么,又能学到什么?
Well, I think number one is curiosity. It’s the most powerful thing you own.
首先要有好奇心,这是你拥有的最强大的东西;