Paddy: How often do you eat out Jim?
帕迪:你多久出去吃一次?
Jim: All the time (一直,一向), almost five times a week.
吉姆:一直出去吃,一周几乎要5次了。
Paddy: Wow, I really envy you.
帕迪:哇,我真的很羡慕你啊。
Jim: Don't envy me. It's for business. In fact, I'm sick and tired of restaurant food. Sometimes I just want a home-cooked meal.
吉姆:不要羡慕我,因为要应酬。事实上,我已经对餐馆食物厌烦了。有时候我只想吃一顿家常便饭。
Paddy: Eating out makes me fat. How do you keep weight in check(keep weight under control 控制体重)?
帕迪:出去吃东西让我长胖了。你是如何控制你的体重的?
Jim: I try not do drink too much alcohol and I try to eat early in the evening.
吉姆:我会尽可能不去喝很多酒,我也会在晚上早些时候去吃东西。
Paddy: A good little trick is to avoid meat three days per week.
帕迪:一个好的方法就是在一周中要3天不吃肉。
Jim: I’m not sure I could do that one!
吉姆:我不确定我能否做到!
Paddy: Well try it. If you do it every week you will live longer!
帕迪:那就试试吧。你如果每周都这么做,你就会更长寿哦!
Jim: Are you sure?
吉姆:你肯定吗?
Paddy: If you’re not doing manual work everyday, there’s no need to consume so much protein, is there? I mean people had to in the past but we live different lifestyles now.
帕迪:如果你每天不需要做很多体力活,你不需要消耗很多蛋白质,不是吗?我的意思是过去人们需要这样,但我们现在的生活方式已经改变了。
Jim: Now there’s food for thought!
吉姆:现在可是在给头脑充电呢。
Let’s go over some phrases now. 让我们一起来回顾一下有用的短语吧!
manual work:手工活,体力活
consume: 消耗
protein: 蛋白质
查看更多此类内容: 日常英语对话
|