Teresa: Do you ever get homesick (adj.想家的,思乡的)?
特里萨:你有想家过吗?
Leo: Not too much, but I do miss my mother cooking sometimes.
里奥:不太想家,但有时候我会想念我妈妈做菜的样子。
Teresa: Where is your hometown?
特里萨:你的家乡在哪里?
Leo: It’s in Germany, in a town called Cologne.
里奥:在德国,在一个叫科隆的城镇。
Teresa: What is life like there?
特里萨:那里的生活如何?
Leo: It’s a world away from here - a very quiet place with a beautiful cathedral and lots of nice parks.
里奥:和这里迥然不同——一个安静的地方,有着一所漂亮的大教堂和许多公园。
Teresa: Do your parents live there?
特里萨:你父母住在那里吗?
Leo: Yes, they are both retired. They enjoy a quiet life now, now everyone has flown the nest.
里奥:是的,他们都退休了。他们现在享受着安静的生活,每个人都会小鸟会巢,叶落归根。
Teresa: Sounds idyllic. Do you plan to go back there?
特里萨:听上去太美好了。你有回到那里的打算吗?
Leo: Not in the near future – it’s way too boring for me!
里奥:近期不会——对我来说太无聊了!
Let’s go over some phrases now. 让我们一起来回顾一下有用的短语吧!
Everyone has flown the nest:小鸟归巢,类似于中文中的“叶落归根”。
idyllic:[adj.]田园的,美好的,utopian[adj.]乌托邦的
查看更多此类内容: 日常英语对话
|