Dialogue 1
Steve: Good morning Mike.
史蒂夫:早上好,麦克。
Mike: Good morning to you Steve. You seem like you are in a good mood today.
麦克:你也早上好,史蒂夫。你今天看起来不错。
Steve: I sure am. I will be out of the office all day today.
史蒂夫:我的确是。我今天一天都不会在办公室里。
Mike: Why? Where are you going?
麦克:为什么?你要去哪?
Steve: A real estate agent is going to show me around some new office space.
史蒂夫:一个房地产代理要带我去看一些新的办公地点。
Mike: That sounds cool. At least you won't be stuck in this cramped office all day.
麦克:听起来棒极了。至少,你不需要一整天都呆在这狭窄的办公室里。
Steve: And neither will you for much longer Mike. The company is relocating.
史蒂夫:没多久你也不必了,麦克。公司要搬家了。
Mike: That's the best news I have heard for weeks my goombah!
麦克:这是我这个周听到的最好的消息,老兄!
Dialogue 2
Beth: Did you see the carpet and paint samples Sally?
贝丝:莎莉,你看到地毯和油画的样本了吗?
Sally: I did. What were they for?
莎莉:我看到了。它们是用来干什么的?
Beth: I had to choose the color scheme for the new office.
贝丝:我要为新办公室选择配色方案。
Sally: What did you end up choosing?
莎莉:你最终选择了什么?
Beth: I couldn't decide so I asked all of the staff to vote.
贝丝:我决定不下来,所以我让所有的员工投票。
Sally: Great idea. That way no one can complain about the final choice!
莎莉:好主意。这样,没有人会抱怨最后的结果!
Beth: That's exactly why I asked for everyone's ideas.
贝丝:这正是我为什么要问每一个人的主意。
Sally: It is always a good idea to get everyone's feedback and thoughts on decisions that affect them.
莎莉:对于能影响所有的人的决定,征求每一个人的反馈和意见永远是一个好主意。
|