生活英语情景对话:他是个很不错的家伙
Jeff:
How was your date last night?
昨晚你的约会怎么样?
Joan:
It was OK, but the guy was just too direct for me.
还行,只是那个家伙对我太直率了。
Jeff:
What exactly do you mean?
你具体指的是什么?
Joan:
Well, he paid me lots of sweet comments, bought dinner for me and then took me to a swish nightclub.
唔,他对我说了很多甜言蜜语,为我买晚餐,然后带我去了一个豪华的夜总会。
Jeff:
That seems fantastic! I can't see what he did wrong.
看起来很棒!我看不出他做了什么错事。
Joan:
Nothing yet! By this time I thought that he was a really nice guy.
还没有!到那时为止我觉得他是个很不错的家伙。
Jeff:
So what happened?
那发生了什么事?
Joan:
He drove me home and then asked if he could come in for a coffee.
他开车送我回家,然后问他能不能进去喝一杯咖啡。
Jeff:
And you said no?
然后你说不行?
Joan:
You know that I don't kiss on the first date Jeff! If coffee costs a kiss, then I'll give dinner a miss!
你知道我不会在第一次约会的时候亲吻的,杰夫!如果喝咖啡要亲吻,那我就不会去吃饭了!
对话讲解:
direct adj.率直的;耿直的
She has a direct way of speaking. 她说话直爽.
fantastic a. 极好的
We watched a fantastic play yesterday evening.
昨天晚上我们看了一场非常精彩的演出。
|