生活大爆炸第一季第十四集_2:The Nerdvana Annihilation
时间:2014-12-02 06:52:21
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
-Penny: Okay, first of all, what you call a gap was nearly three feet wide. I slipped And skinned my knee. Are You okay?
first of all:首先 gap:缝隙 slip:滑 skin:剥皮
好吧首先呢你所谓的小缝隙有足足3英尺(0.9米)宽我跳过去时摔破了膝盖 你还好吧?
-Penny: Second of all, the door to the stairwell of the other building was locked, so I had to go down the fire escape,
fire escape:防火楼梯
其次那个大楼的楼梯井的门是锁上的所以我不得不走防火楼梯
which ends on the third floor, forcing me to crawl through the window of a lovely Armenian family who insisted I stay for lunch.
crawl:爬 insist: 坚持
可是防火楼梯在三楼就没有了逼得我只能爬过一家很好心的阿美尼亚人的房子的窗户他们坚持要我留下来吃午饭
-Leonard: That doesn't sound too bad.
听起来不错啊
-Penny: It was eight courses of lamb, and they tried to fix me up with their son.
lamb:羊肉
午饭是八道羊肉大餐然后他们又撮合我和他们的儿子
-Leonard: I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
-Penny: Not done. By the time I finally got to work, they'd given my shift away. Yeah, that's right.I lost an entire day's pay thanks to this. This...
shift: 接班 entire:全部的 thank to:由于,幸亏(这里含讽刺意味)
没完呢等我终于赶去上班了他们已经把我的班换掉了啊对了我一天的工资都没了就因为这个...
-Sheldon: Time machine.
这个... 时间机器
-Leonard: The lights flash and the dish spins. You want to try it?
flash:闪动 spin: 旋转
这机器的灯会闪后面的盘子也会转你要玩一下么
-Penny: No! I don't want to try it! My God, you are grown men!
grown:长大的,成年的
不要!我才不要玩这个呢! 天哪你们都是成年人了!
How can you waste your lives with these stupid toys and costumes and comic books and... and now that?! That...
costume: 服装,剧服 comic:连环图画的,喜剧的
你们怎么能把生命浪费在这些愚蠢的玩具和服装上呢?!还有漫画书和... 还有现在那个?!
-Sheldon:Again. Time machine.
那个... 我再说一遍时间机器
-Penny: Oh, please, it's not a time machine. If anything, it looks like something Elton John would drive through the Everglades.
everglades: 大沼泽
哦得了吧这才不是时间机器呢也许它更像是 Elton John(Discovery节目主持
人) 在沼泽地区里驾驶的东西
-Sheldon: It only moves in time. It would be worse than useless in a swamp.
swamp: 湿地
它只能在时间层面移动在沼泽里时间机器根本没用
-Penny: Pathetic! All of you! Completely pathetic!
pathetic:可怜的, 可悲的
可悲! 你们全部! 实在太可悲了!
-Rajesh: My turn.
轮到我了
-Sheldon: Leonard, it's 2:00 in the morning.
Leonard 现在是凌晨2点
-Leonard: So?
怎么了?
-Sheldon:So it's my turn. Why did you set it for the day before yesterday?
应该轮到我,为什么你把时间设定到前天?
-Leonard: Because I want to go back and keep myself from getting a time machine.
因为我想回到过去然后阻止我竞标时间机器
-Sheldon: You can't. If you were to prevent yourself from buying it in the past,
那是不可能的事情假设你在过去阻止了你竞标成功
you would not have it available in the present to travel back and stop yourself from buying it.
现在你就不会拥有时间机器,更不会有机会回到过去去"阻止"你自己买它了
Ergo, you would still have it. This is a classic rookie time-travel mistake.
ergo:因此classic:经典的 rookie: 新手
因此你还是会拥有时间机器的这是经典的初学者的时间旅行错误理念
-Leonard: Can I go back and prevent you from explaining that to me?
Prevent:阻止 explain:解释
我能回到过去阻止你跟我解释那套理论么?
-Sheldon: Same
paradox1. If you were to travel back in time and say, knock me unconscious,
Paradox: 自相矛盾的话 unconscious:失去知觉的
同等悖论如果你回到过去然后把我打晕过去
you would not then have the conversation that irritated you, motivating you to go back and knock me unconscious.
irritate: 激怒 motivate: 刺激,激励
你也就不会听到我刚才那段刺激你回到过去敲晕我的解释了
-Leonard: What if I knocked you unconscious right now?
what if: 如果…怎样 unconscious:无意识的
那我现在敲晕你怎么样?
-Sheldon: It won't change the past.
这么做对于过去无济于事
-Leonard: But it'd make the present so much nicer.
但是我现在会觉得好过的多
-Sheldon: Are you upset about something?
你因为什么事不开心么
-Leonard: What was your first clue?
你的根据是什么
-Sheldon: Well, it was a number of things. First, he late hour.
有很多啊首先现在很晚了然后你的行为显得很没精神而且你很烦躁
-Leonard: Yes, I'm upset!
行了我是不开心!
-Sheldon: Huh. I don't usually pick up on those things. Good for me.
哈我平时可没有这么敏感的我真厉害
-Leonard: Yeah, good for you.
是啊你真不错
-Sheldon: Oh, wait. Did you want to talk about what's bothering you?
等等你想谈谈困你的事么?
-Leonard: I don't know. Maybe.
我不知道也许吧
-Sheldon: Wow. I'm on fire tonight.
哇塞我今晚走火入魔了
-Leonard: Uh... Here's the thing. Girls like Penny never end up with guys who own time machines.
呃...事情是这样的,Penny那样的女孩永远不会和玩时间机器的男生在一起
的
-Sheldon: I disagree. Your inability to successfully woo Penny long predates your acquisition of the time machine. That failure clearly stands on its own.
Woo:追求 predate:预期,提前 acquisition:获得 failure:失败
我不同意你在追求Penny方面的无力早在你获得时间机器前就体现出来了那个
失败很明显是独立存在的
-Leonard: Thanks for pointing it out.
多谢指点
-Sheldon: In addition, your
premise4 is flawed. In the original film, Rod Taylor got Yvette Mimieux with that very time machine.
Premise:前提 flaw; 缺点,瑕疵
另外你的前提就是有漏洞的在电影里面 Rod Taylor 通过时间机器泡到了
Yvette Mimieux
In Back to the Future, Marty McFly got the opportunity to hook up with his extremely attractive young mother.
opportunity:机会 hook up with sb: 与某人在一起
在"回到未来"中 Marty McFly 甚至有机会泡上他的年轻辣妈
-Leonard: Those are movies.
那都是电影情节
-Sheldon: Of course they're movies. Were you expecting me to come up with an example involving a real-life time machine? That's absurd.
real-life: 现实生活的 absurd:荒唐的 involve: 涉及
废话当然是电影你还能指望我在现实生活中找一个时间机器的例子?!荒唐至极
-Leonard: Come on, guys, push!
加油伙计们用力推!
-Sheldon: If I push any harder, I'm going to give birth to my
colon5.
如果我再用力我的肠子就要被拉出来了
-Penny: Oh, Hey, guys.
嗨伙计们
-Leonard: Oh. Hi, Penny. Take a break, guys!
take a break:休息一下
好啊 Penny!休息一下小伙子们
-Penny: What are you doing?
你们干什么呢?
-Leonard: Oh, you know just moving a time machine.
没什么就是在搬时间机器
-Penny: Yeah. Okay, neat, but I really gotta get to work, so...
啊很好不过我现在很需要去上班
-Leonard: No problem. Hang on.
没问题抓住我
-Penny: But... what about your time machine?
但是... 你的时间机器怎么办?
-Leonard: Some things are more important than toys.
有些事情比玩具重要的多
-Penny: I'm scared.
scared: 害怕的
我害怕
-Leonard: Don't worry, baby. I've got you.
别担心宝贝我抱着你呢
-Penny: Oh, Leonard.
喔 Leonard
-Sheldon: It's still my turn.
现在还是轮到我
分享到: