生活大爆炸第一季第十六集_1:The Peanut Reaction
时间:2014-12-02 06:56:59
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
-Howard:Hit him down.
打败他!
-Leonard:He's got you, Sheldon.
他超过你了Sheldon。
-Sheldon:Look at this move!
看这招!
completely:完全的 school:控制某人
他超出你太多了。
-Penny:Hey, guys, guys, some of the other waitresses
waitresses:女服务员
嘿伙计们,伙计们,其他女服务生
wanted me to ask you something.
想让我问你们些事。
-Leonard:It's called Tressling.
这叫Tressling扳手腕俄罗斯方块。
-Howard:It combines the physical strength of arm wrestling
combine:使联合 physical strength:体力 wrestling:扭动,搏斗
是将扳手腕身体的力量和玩俄罗斯方块思维的敏捷
with the mental
agility2 of Tetris into the ultimate sport.
mental:智力的 agility:敏捷 Tetris:俄罗斯方块(一种益智游戏) ultimate:最终的
集于一体的体育运动。
-Penny:Yeah, that's terrific, but what they wanted me to ask you is to cut it the hell out.
terrific:棒极了 cut out:停止
对,很棒,不过她们是想让我告诉你们别再玩了。
Great. Come here, guys. Come on.
很好,过来伙计们,来吧。
Happy birthday to you...
祝你生日快乐...
-Sheldon:We might as well stop. It's a stalemate.
might as well:最好,不妨 stalemate(争执的)僵持,僵局
我们最好也停下陷入僵局了。
You're beating me in Tetris,
beat:打败 Tetris:俄罗斯方块
你玩俄罗斯方块赢了我,
but you've got the upper body strength of a Keebler elf.
strength:力量 Keebler:美著名饼干品牌 elf:小精灵
但你的上肢力量就跟Keebler小精灵一样弱。
Keebler小精灵? (美著名饼干品牌的卡通形象)
-Raj:Keebler elf? I've got your Keebler elf right here.
我让你看看Keebler小精灵的厉害。
Okay, it's a stalemate.
好吧,陷入僵局了。
-Penny:So, Leonard, will we be seeing you on Saturday for your free birthday cheesecake?
cheesecake:芝士蛋糕
Leonard那我们能周六能去你那吃免费芝士生日蛋糕吗?
-Sheldon:He can't eat cheesecake.
他不能吃芝士蛋糕。
He's lactose intolerant.
lactose:乳糖 intolerant:不能忍受的
他不能吃乳糖。
-Penny:Okay, he can have carrot cake.
carrot:胡萝卜
好吧,他可以吃胡萝卜蛋糕。
-Sheldon:What about the cream cheese frosting?
cream:奶油 cheese:干酪 frosting:霜状白糖
那层芝士奶油糖霜怎么办?
-Penny:He can scrape it off.
scrape off:刮掉
他可以刮掉的啊。
-Leonard:Forget about the cake.
别管蛋糕了。
How do you know that my birthday's Saturday?
birthday:生日 Saturday:星期六
你怎么知道周六是我生日?
-Penny:I did your horoscope, remember?
horoscope::星占,算命天宫图
我帮你占卜过星座啊,记得吗?
I was going to do everybody's, until Sheldon went on one of his typical psychotic
rants4.
typical:典型的 psychotic:精神病的
rant3:怒吼
我本来要帮每个人占一下的,后来Sheldon就开始他典型的疯癫演说。
-Sheldon:For the record,
record:记载
有资料记载,
that psychotic rant was a
concise5 summation6 of the research of Bertram Forer, who, in 1948,
concise:简明的 summation:总结,概括
疯癫演说精简概括了巴纳姆效应,1948年巴纳姆通过精密设计的实验,
prove:证明 conclusively:最后地
meticulously:极仔细的,一丝不苟的 designed:设计 experiments:实验
astrology:占星术 nothing but:只不过 pseudo:假的,虚伪的 hokum:废话
最终证实了占星术完全是伪科学的废话。
-Penny:Blah, blah, blah. Typical Taurus.
Typical:典型的 Taurus:金牛座
话真多。典型的金牛座。
So, seriously, are we going to see you Saturday?
seriously:认真的
说真的,我们周六能见你吗?
-Leonard:Uh, I don't think so.
恐怕不行。
-Penny:Why not?
为什么?
-Leonard:I don't celebrate my birthday.
celebrate:庆祝
我不庆祝生日的。
-Penny:Shut up. Yeah, you do.
瞎说,你会庆祝的。
-Leonard:It's no big deal, it's just the way I was raised.
raise:抚养
没什么大不了的,我就是这么长大的啊。
My parents focused on celebrating achievements,
focus on:把…作为中心 achievements:成就
我父母只庆祝重大成就,
and being expelled from a birth canal was not considered one of them.
expel from:排出 birth canal:产道 consider:认为
而我从产道里被排出则不认为是重大成就之一。
-Penny:That's so silly.
silly:蠢的
这太愚蠢了。
-Sheldon:It's actually based on very sound theories.
actually:实际上 base on:建立在…基础上 sound:正确的 theories:理论
这实际上是很有理论根据的,
His mother published a paper on it.
publish:出版,发布 paper:论文
他母亲还就此发表了论文。
-Penny:Well, what was it called?
那题目叫什么?
"I Hate My Son and That's Why He Can't Have Cake?"
我恨我儿子所以他不能过生日?
-Sheldon:It was obviously effective.
obviously:显然 effective:有效的
这显然很有效果。
experimental physicist:实验物理学家
Leonard成长为一名实验物理学家。
Perhaps if she'd also denied him Christmas,
denied:拒绝 Christmas:圣诞节
如果他母亲取消了他的圣诞节,
he'd be a little better at it.
他可能还会做得更好。
-Leonard:Thank you.
谢谢。
-Howard:Well, I love birthdays.
我喜欢过生日。
Waking up to Mom's special French toast breakfast,
Waking up:醒来 toast:烤面包
在母亲特制的法国面包早餐的香味中醒来,
wearing the birthday king crown, playing laser tag with all my friends...
king crown:皇冠
戴上生日皇冠和朋友们一起玩激光生存游戏...
-Penny:Yeah, see? That's what kids should have.
kid:小孩
对了,瞧吧? 孩子就该这么过生日。
-Howard:Actually, that was last year.
其实那是我去年的生日。
-Penny:So you really never had a birthday party?
你真的从来没有过生日派对?
-Leonard:No, but it was okay.
没有,不过没关系。
I mean, when I was little,
在我很小的时候,
I'd think maybe my parents would change their mind
我想可能父母会改变主意,
and surprise me with a party.
surprise:使惊奇
给我个惊喜开个生日派对。
Like this one birthday I came home from my
cello10 lesson
cello:大提琴
就像有一次生日,我去学大提琴下课回到家,
and I saw a lot of strange cars parked out front.
park:停车
看到家门前停了很多陌生车辆,
When I got to the door, I could hear people whispering
whispering:耳语,低声说
我进门后听到很多人低声耳语,
and I could smell German chocolate cake,
German:德国的,德式的 chocolate cake:巧克力蛋糕
我还闻到了德式巧克力蛋糕的味道,
which is my favorite.
正是我最喜欢的那种。
-Penny:And?
然后?
-Leonard:It turns out my grandfather had died.
turns out:原来的
原来是我祖父刚去世。
-Penny:Oh, my God. That's terrible.
terrible:糟糕的,极差的
天哪,太可怜了。
-Leonard:Well, it was kind of like a birthday party.
这也算是一次生日派对了。
I got to see all my cousins, and there was cake, so...
cousins:远亲
我见到了所有的表亲还有蛋糕...
-Penny:That's the sadest thing I've ever heard.
这是我听到过最悲惨的事了。
-Howard:You think?
你这么认为么?
Go ahead, tell her about your senior prom.
senior:最高年级的 prom:正式舞会
继续,跟她说说你的毕业舞会。
-Howard:You make sure they remember no peanuts.
peanut:花生
记得告诉他们别放花生。
-Leonard:Howard, every Thai restaurant in town knows you can't eat peanuts.
Thai:泰国
Howard,城里的每个泰式餐馆都知道你不吃花生。
When they see me coming, they go, "Ah, no-peanut boy!"
他们一看到我来就喊 "啊不吃花生的男孩!"。
-Sheldon:Hello, Penny. Leonard just left.
你好Penny ,Leonard 刚出去。
-Penny:I know. I want to talk to you.
我知道,我是想跟你谈谈。
-Sheldon:What would we talk about?
我们能谈什么?
overlapping:重叠 interest:兴趣 be aware of:知道
我想我们的兴趣没有交集吧。
As you know, I don't care for chitchat.
chitchat:闲谈,聊天
你知道我不喜欢闲谈。
-Penny:Can you just let me in?
能让我进去吗?
-Sheldon:Well, all right, but I don't see this as a
promising12 endeavor.
promising:有希望的 endeavor:尝试,努力
好吧,但我不认为这尝试有用。
-Penny:Okay, here's the deal.
deal:交易,事情
好吧,事情是这样的,
We are going to throw Leonard a kick-ass surprise party for his birthday on Saturday.
throw:仍,抛 kick-ass:强大的
我们周六为Leonard生日办个超酷的生日派对。
-Sheldon:I hardly think so.
hardly:几乎不
我不同意。
Leonard made it very clear he doesn't want a party.
Leonard 非常清楚地表示他不想要生日派对。
-Howard:Did someone say... "party"?
有人提到... "派对"?
-Penny:He just doesn't know he wants one 'cause he's never had one.
他只是不知道他想要,因为从来没人为他举办过。
-Howard:I suppose that's possible, but for the record,
suppose:猜想,认为
就算如此,但是请注意,
I've never had a threesome and yet I still know I want one.
我从来没有玩过"三人行" 但我知道我想要玩。
-Penny:Howard, here's the difference-- the possibility exists
possibility:可能性 exist:存在
Howard 这两者的区别是... 在地狱被冰封之前,
that Leonard could have a birthday party before hell freezes over.
hell:地狱 freezes over:封冻
Leonard有可能享受生日派对。
-Howard:Fine. If I do have a threesome, you can't be part of it.
好吧,如果我玩"三人行" 你不能参加。
I'm just kidding. Yes, you can.
kid:开玩笑
开玩笑的,你能参加。
Can you bring a friend?
你能再带个朋友来吗?
-Sheldon:I think a birthday party's a terrible idea.
terrible:糟糕的
我觉得生日派对的主意太糟了。
I envy Leonard for growing up without that
anguish13.
envy:嫉妒 anguish:(尤指心理上的)极度痛苦
我很嫉妒Leonard从小到大没遭这样的罪。
-Penny:Anguish?!
遭罪?!
-Sheldon:Year after year, I had to endure wearing comical hats
endure:忍受 comical:滑稽的,可笑的
年复一年我不得不忍受戴着滑稽的帽子,
while being forced into the crowded, sweaty hell of bouncy castles.
crowded:拥挤的 sweaty:浑身出汗的 bouncy:有弹性的 castles:城堡
被迫挤在人群里,在充气城堡里弄得满身大汗。
Not to mention:更不用说 blindfold:蒙住(某人的)眼睛
spun:使旋转 grotesque:荒诞的
更别提被蒙上眼睛去给那头无尾的怪驴钉上尾巴了,
tailless donkey as the other children mocked my disorientation.
tailless:无尾的 donkey:驴 mock:愚弄 disorientation:方向障碍
还要被其他孩子嘲笑我的方向感。
-Penny:Okay, sweetie, I understand you have scars
scar:精神上的创伤
好了,亲爱的我理解你有心理创伤,
that no nonprofessional can heal, but, nevertheless, we're going to throw Leonard a birthday party.
nonprofessional:非专业的 heal:治愈 nevertheless:然而
不是非专业人士可以治愈的,可是尽管如此,我们还是要替Leonard办一个生日派对。
我有没有指出
that I'm extremely uncomfortable with dancing, loud music
extremely:极端 uncomfortable:不舒服的
我极度反感跳舞,吵闹的音乐,
form:形式 alcohol:酒,酒精 induced:导致,引起 frivolity:轻浮的举止
和大部分由酒精引发的轻薄行径?
-Penny:Nevertheless, we're...
但是我们...
-Sheldon:In addition, I really don't think that Leonard wants...
此外,我真的不认为Leonard会希望...
-Penny:Okay, here's the deal:
好吧,这么说吧:
You either you help me throw Leonard a birthday party
你要么帮我为Leonard搞派对,
or, so help me God, I will go into your bedroom
要么,帮帮我吧上帝,我会去你卧室把你最珍惜的
and unbag all of your most valuable, mint-condition comic books.
unbag:把…从袋子里倒出来 valuable:珍贵的
mint-condition:保存完好 comic books:连环漫画册
保存得完好无损的漫画书全倒出来。
And on one of them-- you won't know which--
我会在其中一本上... 你不会知道是哪一本...
I'll draw a tiny happy face in ink.
draw:绘画 tiny:极小的 ink:墨水
用墨水画一个小笑脸。
-Sheldon:You can't do that.
你不能那么做。
If you make a mark in a mint comic book, it's no longer mint.
mark:标记 mint:薄荷,这里指保存完好的
如果你在完好无损的漫画书上作了记号那就不再是完好无损的了。
-Penny:Sheldon, do you understand the concept of
blackmail19?
concept:概念 blackmail:敲诈,勒索
Sheldon你知道什么是勒索么?
-Sheldon:Well, of course, I... Oh.
当然,我... 噢。
Yeah, I have an idea.
对了,我有个主意,
Let's throw Leonard a kick-ass birthday party.
kick-ass:强大的
我们给Leonard办一个超棒的生日派对吧。
-Sheldon:That's not the secret knock.
secret:秘密的 knock.:敲(门)
暗号不是那样的。
This is the secret knock.
暗号是这样的。
-Howard:What difference does it make?
有什么区别吗?
-Sheldon:The whole point of a secret knock is to establish a non-verbal signal
point:重点 establish:建立 non-verbal:非语言的 signal:信号
暗号的重点是为了建立一种非语言的信号,
to verify the identity of one's co-conspirators.
以此验证同谋者的身份。
-Penny: Is that Raj and Howard?
是Raj和Howard吗?
-Sheldon:Possibly, but unverified.
unverified:未经证实的
可能是,未经查证。
-Howard:Will you just let us in.
让我们进去行不行。
-Sheldon:Luckily for you, this is not a nuclear
reactor21.
nuclear reactor:核反应堆
算你们走运,这里不是核反应堆。
分享到: