生活大爆炸第一季第十七集_1:The Tangerine Factor
时间:2014-12-02 06:58:45
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
-Sheldon:Wo de zing shi Sheldon.
我的字是 Sheldon。
-Howard:No, it's "Wo de ming zi shi Sheldon."
不,应该是"我的名字是Sheldon"。
-Sheldon:Wo de ming zi shi Sheldon.
我的名字是 Sheldon。
-Howard:What's this?
这是什么?
-Sheldon:That's what you did.
那不是跟你学的吗?
I assumed as in a number of languages, that the gesture was part of the phrase.
assume:猜想 gesture:手势 phrase:语句
我以为在许多种语言当中手势也是表达的一部分。
-Howard:Well, it's not.
好吧,这里不是。
-Sheldon:How am I supposed to know that?
suppose:假定 be supposed to:应该,被期望
我怎么会知道那个?
As the teacher, it's your obligation to separate
obligation:义务,责任 separate:分开
作为一个老师,将所教内容
your personal idiosyncrasies from the subject matter.
idiosyncrasies:习性,癖好 subject matter:主旨
与你的特异习惯分开是你的责任。
Mandarin:普通话
知道吗,你决定学普通话我真的非常高兴。
-Sheldon:Why?
为什么?
-Howard:Once you're fluent,
fluent:流畅的
等你说流利了,
you'll have a billion more people to annoy instead me.
annoy:干扰,使烦恼
你可以去骚扰十多亿人,我就解放了。
-Leonard:Hey.
嘿。
-Sheldon:Mei du lui zi.
梅毒驴子。
-Howard:You just called Leonard a syphilitic donkey.
syphilitic:梅毒病人 donkey:驴
你刚刚把Leonard叫成了一头患了性病的驴子。
-Sheldon:My apologies, Leonard. I'm only as good as my teacher.
很抱歉Leonard,我无法超越我的老师的水平。
-Leonard:Why are you learning Chinese?
你为什么要学中文?
-Sheldon:I believe the Szechuan Palace
Szechuan:四川省(中国) palace:宫殿 【Szechuan Palace:是一家美国中餐馆的名字】
我认为老四川餐馆 (亚利桑那州凤凰城44街668号的中餐馆)。
has been passing off orange chicken as
tangerine3 chicken,
pass off:冒充 orange:橙子 tangerine:柑橘
一直在用橙皮鸡柳冒充陈皮鸡柳 (可以说就是同一种食物),
and I intend to confront them.
intend:打算 confront:使对质
我打算去和他们对质。
-Leonard:If I were you, I'd be more concerned about what they're passing off as chicken.
concern:关心
如果我是你,我会更关心他们用什么东西冒充了鸡柳。
-Penny:I need to use your window.
借你们的窗子用一下。
-Leonard:Oh, hey. Yeah, No, sure. Go ahead.
哦,嘿,耶,不,当然,请便。
-Penny:Hey, jerk face, you forgot your iPod!
jerk:肌肉痉挛,抽搐
嘿,变态,你忘了你的iPod!
-Leonard:What's going on?
出什么事了?
-Penny:Oh, I'll tell you what's going on.
噢,让我告诉你出了什么事。
That stupid self-centered
bastard4 wrote about our sex life in his blog!
self-centered :自我中心的 bastard:坏蛋,混蛋 blog:博客
那个自以为是的蠢货把我们床事写到他的博客上!
Drop dead, you stupid self-centered bastard!
Drop dead:(美口)去死吧 Drop:使落下,投下
砸死你,你这个自以为是的混蛋蠢货!
Thank you.
谢谢。
-Sheldon:Okay, where were we?
好,我们讲到哪了?
-Howard:Not now. I have a blog to find.
现在不行,我要找一个博客。
-Leonard:Penny, are you okay?
Penny 你还好吗?
-Penny:I'm fine, Leonard. Just go away.
我没事,Leonard走开。
-Leonard:Look, I understand that breaking up with someone can be very painful...
break up:分手 painful:痛苦的
听着,我明白分手是很痛苦的...
-Penny:Go away!
走开!
-Leonard:Okay. Feel better! Bye.
好吧,快好起来!拜。
She doesn't want to talk.
她不想说话。
-Sheldon:Not surprising.
不奇怪啊。
Penny's emotional responses originate in the
primitive5 portion of the brain
emotional:感情的,情绪的 response:反应 originate in:产生于 primitive:原始的 portion:部分 brain:脑
Penny的情感反应起始于大脑的原脑部份,
known as the amygdale, while speech is centered
amygdale:杏仁核
也就是杏仁体(小脑的一部分) 而语言中枢位于
in the much more recently developed neo-cortex.
developed:使发展 neo-cortex:新皮层
相对近期进化出来的新皮层。
The former can easily overpower the later,
former :前者 overpower:压服
前者很容易制服后者,
giving scientific
credence6 to the notion of being "rendered speechless."
credence:相信 notion:观念,看法 rendered speechless:失语 render:致使 speechless:(由于强烈的感情,震惊等)说不出话的
这也是"失语"现象的科学依据。
Or maybe she just doesn't want to talk.
或者她只是不想说话。
-Raj:Hey, look, I found an iPod.
iPod:苹果手机
嘿,瞧我捡到了一个iPod。
-Howard:It's smashed beyond repair. What are you gonna do with it?
smashed:砸碎的 beyond repair:无法修补 gonna:going to
摔得稀巴烂修不好了,你准备拿它做什么?
-Raj:What else? Sell it on eBay as "slightly used."
eBay:易趣网 slightly:轻微的,稍稍
还能干什么? 在易趣上卖呗,写上"只用过几次"。
-Leonard:It was Penny's boyfriend's. They broke up.
那是Penny的男朋友的,他们分手了。
-Howard:
Apparently7, he posted intimate details of their physical relationship on his blog,
Apparently:显然的 post:张贴 intimate:亲密的 details:细节 physical:身体的 relationship:关系 blog:博客
显然,他把他们身体的亲密关系的私密细节都写在博客上了,
which I cannot find anywhere.
可我到处都找不着。
-Leonard:You know what? I'm gonna go back and try talking to her again.
gonna= going to
知道吗? 我要再去找她,试着和她说说话。
-Howard:Good idea. Sit with her, hold her, comfort her.
hold:抱住 comfort:安慰
好主意,坐在她身边,拥住她,安慰她。
And if the moment feels right, see if you can cop a feel.
cop a feel:感觉
如果时机对的话,看你能不能"感觉感觉"她。
-Leonard:I'm not going to do that, Howard.
我不会那么做的Howard。
-Sheldon:I'm m not aware of any social convention that requires you to intervene at all.
be aware of:意识到 convention:习俗 require:需要 intervene:干涉
我不认为有任何社会习俗要求你去插手这事。
damsel:少女 distress:痛苦
那 "困苦中的年轻女人"呢? (1937年上映美国电影歌舞/爱情/喜剧)
-Sheldon:12-c-century code of
chivalry9? Not exactly current.
chivalry:(中世纪的)骑士 code:法规,章程 current:现在的
12世纪的骑士精神? 那压根不是现代的。
You'd also have to be knighted for that to apply.
knight:封…为爵士 apply:申请
再说你得先是个授爵的骑士。
-Leonard:I don't care. She's upset. I'm going over there.
upset:伤心的,心烦的
我不在乎,她很伤心,我要过去。
-Howard:Remember to sit on your hands a bit so they're warm.
记得把手放在屁股下面暖一会儿。
-Leonard:I'm her friend. I'm not going to take advantage of her vulnerability.
take advantage of:利用 vulnerability:弱点
我是她的朋友,我不会趁虚而入的。
-Howard:So you're saying if in the depths of despair
depth:深度 despair:绝望
那你是说,在她深深地陷入绝望时,
she throws herself at you and demands you take her
demand:要求,需要
她把自己交给你,希望你能占有她,
right there, right now, you'll just walk away?
就那样的情形下,你会一走了之?
-Leonard:I said I'm her friend, not a gay friend.
gay:同性恋
我说我是她朋友不是同性恋闺密。
Hey, listen, I know you said that
嘿,听着,我知道你说过了,
you didn't want to talk...
你不想说话。
-Penny:I don't.
我不想。
-Leonard:Sorry.
对不起。
-Penny:Wait.
等等。
-Leonard:Wait? Did you say "wait"?
等等? 你刚刚说"等等"?
-Penny:Tell me the truth.
跟我说实话。
Am I just an idiot who picks giant losers?
idiot:傻子,白痴 giant:特大的 losers:失败者
我是不是那种专挑些烂人交往的蠢货?
-Leonard:No, no.
不,不。
-Penny:Okay.
好的。
So I pick good guys, but turn them into losers?
那么就是我挑的人不错,是我把他们变成烂人了?
-Leonard:Of course not.
当然不是。
-Penny:Well, it's got to be one or the other. Which is it?
好吧,肯定是其一之一,到底是哪个?
-Leonard:I'm sorry. What were the choices again?
choices:选择
对不起,选项是什么来着?
-Penny:I really thought Mike was different.
我真的以为Mike不一样。
I thought he was sensitive and smart.
sensitive:有细腻感情的 smart:聪明的
我以为他很感性又聪明
I mean, not you smart-- normal non-freaky smart.
normal:正常的 freaky:捉摸不定的
我的意思是,不是你那种聪明-- 普通的而不是极端的那种聪明。
-Leonard:Yeah. No, sure.
是啊,当然不是。
-Penny:You know, and then he just goes and has to
humiliate10 me
humiliate:羞辱
你知道然后他就非得羞辱我,
by writing about me on his blog so the entire world can read it.
entire:全部的,整体的
在他的博客上写我的事情,这样全世界都知道了。
-Leonard:I tell you, it's not all that easy to find.
我跟你说其实不是那么容易找的。
-Penny:Yeah, really? Well, my friends at work found it,
是啊,真的么? 我的同事朋友看到了,
my sister found it.
我姐姐看到了。
Judging by my email, a number of prisoners
Judging by:根据…来判断 prisoners:囚徒
从我的邮件地址判断,
Michigan:密歇根州 Penitentiary:监狱
密歇根州立监狱的一些犯人也找到了。
-Leonard:What exactly did this guy write?
这家伙到底写了些什么?
Not that I need to know the details of your sex life.
details:细节 sex life:性生活
我不是想知道你性生活的细节,
I just thought... Never mind.
我只是觉得... 别管它了。
-Penny:No, you know what?
不你知道吗?
Might as well read it. Everybody else has.
Might as well:不妨
不如看看吧,别人都看了。
Go ahead.
去吧。
Oh, God, I just feel so betrayed and embarrassed!
betray:背叛,出卖 embarrass:使窘迫,使局促不安
哦,上帝啊,我觉得如此被背叛和羞辱!
I just want to crawl into a hole and die!
crawl:爬 hole:洞
真想爬到一个洞里死了算了!
-Leonard:Okay. Well, you know this isn't that bad.
恩,我觉得好像没有那么差劲啊。
It just paints the picture of a very affectionate woman, who's open
paint:描述 picture:画面 affectionate:柔情的
只是描述了一个非常深情的女人很大胆地在一些
to expressing her affection in non-traditional locales.
affection:爱 non-traditional:非传统的 locale:场所,地点
非传统的地方表现她的爱。
-Penny:Oh, God!
哦,上帝!
-Leonard:Elevators, parks, movie theaters.
Elevator:电梯 movie theater:电影院
电梯、公园、电影院。
Out of curiosity, is this "subway" the transportation system
Out of curiosity:出于好奇心 curiosity:好奇 subway:地铁 transportation system:运输系统
我很好奇的是,这个"地铁"是指交通运输系统
or Subway the sandwich shop?
sandwich:三明治
还是那家叫"地铁"的三明治店?
-Penny:Sandwich shop.
三明治店。
-Leonard:Doesn't that violate the health code?
violate:违反 code:法典,章程
会不会违反了卫生法?
-Penny:No, at the sub shop we were only making out.
在那家店里我们只是亲热了一番。
-Leonard:Ah, okay.
啊,好吧。
分享到: