生活大爆炸第一季第十七集_2:The Tangerine Factor
时间:2014-12-02 06:59:29
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
But my point is that you have absolutely no reason to be embarrassed.
point:观点 absolutely:绝对的 embarrassed:尴尬
但我觉得你完全没有理由觉得尴尬。
-Penny:Really? Do you think I overreacted?
overreact:反应过度
真的? 你觉得我反应过度了吗?
-Leonard:Maybe a little.
也许有一点。
-Penny:Because I do that. I do overreact.
因为我确实是,我确实反应过度了。
Maybe I should call Mike and apologize.
也许我应该打给Mike向他道歉。
-Leonard:No, no, no. That, that would be under-reacting.
under-reacting:反应不够有力
不,不,不,那,那样的反应就太消极了。
implied:含蓄的 confidentiality:保密
他确实违反了男女关系中隐含的卧室保密条例。
And in your case, the elevator, parks and fast food
franchise2.
case:案例 fast food:速食,快餐 franchise:经销商
在你的案例中,则是电梯、公园和快餐店的保密条例。
-Penny:OK, You're right. I should just say "I am done with him."
好吧,你是对的,我应该只跟他说"我和他玩完了"。
-Leonard:Yes, you should. Go ahead, say it.
是的,应该这样,就这样说。
-Penny:But I never gave the man a chance to explain.
explain:解释
但我从来没有给他解释的机会。
-Leonard:What is there to explain? It's all right here.
有什么好解释的? 全都写在这儿了。
The betrayal!
betrayal:出卖
背叛!
-Penny:No, you were right the first time.
不,你一开始是对的。
This is a man who loves me, but in his own stupid way,
这是一个爱我的男人,只是他的方式有点蠢,
which is trying to show people how he feels.
他只是在试图让人们了解他的感受。
-Leonard:I'm pretty sure I never said that.
我很确定我没那么说过。
-Penny:No, you did better than that. You helped me see it on my own.
see :明白 on my own:独自的
不,你做得比那要好得多,你帮助我自己弄明白了。
-Leonard:Oh, good for me.
哦,我真不错。
-Leonard:Where are you going?
你要去哪?
-Penny:I'm going over to Mike's. Leonard, thank you so much.
我要到Mike那去,Leonard太感谢你了。
-Leonard:Oh, sure.
哦,应该的。
Huh, maybe I am her gay friend.
gay:同性恋的
呵,也许我就是她的同性恋闺密。
-Sheldon:Howard, I'm going to need another
Mandarin3 lesson.
Mandarin:普通话
Howard我需要再上一堂中文课。
I obviously didn't make my point with those people.
obviously:显然
很明显我没能向那群人清楚地表达我的意思。
-Howard:For God's sake, Sheldon, if you don't like the
tangerine4 chicken,
tangerine:柑橘
看在上帝的份上,Sheldon如果你不喜欢陈皮鸡柳,
don't order the tangerine chicken.
那就别点陈皮鸡柳。
-Sheldon:I like tangerine chicken, I'm just not getting tangerine chicken.
我喜欢陈皮鸡柳,我只是买不到陈皮鸡柳。
-Leonard:Can we please change the subject?
subject:主题
我们能不能换个话题?
-Raj:Sure.
当然。
Tell us again how you screwed up and got Penny back together
screwed up:搞砸
再说一遍你是怎么脑残地把Penny和她前男友
with her old boyfriend.
劝回到一块去的。
-Leonard:Just roll the
dice5.
roll:转动 dice:骰子
掷你的骰子吧。
-Raj:Enslaved by warlocks. Stay here until you roll two, four or six.
Enslave:奴役 warlock:术士
被黑暗术士奴役直到掷出2、4 或6方能前进。
-Leonard:She was mad at him!
be mad at:对…愤怒
她本来很恨他的!
She was done with him!
她和他彻底完了的!
The relationship was broken beyond repair,
beyond repair:无法恢复
他们的关系已经不可能修复了,
and I walked over there, and I
fixed6 it.
fixed it:处理 fix:修理
结果我走过去,搞得他们和好了。
-Howard:Boy, that story gets better every time you hear ..
老兄,每次听那个故事都会觉得更精彩...
-Sheldon:Actually, I thought the first two renditions were far more compelling.
rendition:表演 compelling:引起兴趣的
事实上我觉得前两个版本更引人入胜一些。
Uh,
previously7, I felt sympathy for the Leonard character,
previously:先前 sympathy:同情 character:角色
呃,之前我觉得非常同情Leonard这个角色,
now I just find him to be
whiny8 and annoying.
whiny:好发牢骚的,嘀咕不停的 annoying:恼人的,讨厌的
现在我只觉得他又唠叨又烦人。
-Leonard:Eat your tangerine chicken.
吃你的陈皮鸡柳去。
-Sheldon:I'd love to, but I don' have tangerine chicken.
我很想但我根本没有陈皮鸡柳。
-Penny:Thank you so much for your stupid advice!
多亏了你愚蠢的建议!
-Raj:Incredible. You managed to screw up the screw-up.
Incredible:难以置信的 managed to:设法 screw up:把…搞砸 screw-up:一团糟
难以置信,你能把搞砸的事再搞砸一次。
-Leonard:I'm back.
我又来了。
-Penny:I'm sorry I yelled at you. It's not your fault.
yelled at:对…吼叫 fault:过错
对不起我冲你嚷嚷了,不是你的错。
-Leonard:What happened?
发生什么事了?
-Penny:Well, I went over to Mike's to make up with him.
make up:讲和
我到Mike家里去想跟他和好。
-Leonard:Yeah. Know, I know that part.
那个部分我知道。
-Penny:But he had already moved on.
但他已经有新开始了。
-Leonard:Already? That was quick.
已经? 真快啊。
-Penny:That's what I said to the woman who had her legs wrapped around his neck!
wrapped around:使缠绕 neck:脖子
我就是这么跟那个把腿缠在他脖子上的女人说的!
-Leonard:Oh, Penny, I am so Sorry.
Penny,真抱歉。
-Penny:How could he do that?!
他怎么能那样呢?!
-Leonard:Well, you know, you did throw an 80-gig iPod...
你知道,你的确把一个80G的iPod扔...
Yeah, no, how could he do that?
是啊,不,他怎么可以那样呢?
-Penny:I swear to God I am done with guys like that.
swear:发誓
我向上帝发誓我受够这种男人了。
You know, macho with the perfect body and the hair and the money.
macho:大男子气概的
体格健壮,毛发浓密,钱包鼓鼓的那种。
-Leonard:Yeah, that must get old quick.
是啊,那种人一定老得很快。
-Penny:You know, just once I would like to go out with someone
知道吗,我第一次觉得想跟那种
who is nice and honest and who actually cares about me.
honest:可靠的
体贴的、可靠的、真正关心我的人约会。
-Leonard:What about me?
我怎么样?
-Penny:What about you what?
什么你怎么样?
-Leonard:What about if you went out with me?
went out with:和…约会
你跟我约会怎么样?
-Penny:Are you asking me out?
你在约我出去?
-Leonard:Um, yes, I am...asking you out.
呃,是的,我...在约你出去。
-Penny:Wow.
哇噢。
-Leonard:I was just going off your comment about the nice guy...
comment:评论
我只是顺着你说的那种体贴的男人...
-Penny:No, I know, I got that. Yeah, totally.
不,我知道,我明白,完全明白。
-Leonard:you know, and honest.
你知道,还有可靠。
So, but... it's not a big deal.
那么,可是... 没什么的。
-Penny:Yes.
好的。
-Leonard:Yes what?
什么好的?
-Penny:Yes, I will go out with you.
好的,我愿意和你约会。
-Leonard:Really?
真的?
-Penny:Yeah. Why not? I mean, what do I have to lose?
是啊,为什么不呢? 我是说我又不会损失什么?
-Leonard:Yeah. That's the spirit.
是啊,这才是重点。
-Sheldon:Show me your citrus peels.
citrus:柑橘 peel:果皮
给我看看你的橘子皮。
Gei wo kan ni de jud zi pee.
给我看你诱的颤屁。
Show me your citrus peels.
给我看看你的橘子皮。
Gay wo kan ni de jud zi pee.
给我看你诱的颤屁。
Show me your...
给我看你的...
-Penny:Sheldon?
Sheldon?
-Sheldon:Ai yah!Xia si wo le.
哎呀!吓死我了。
-Penny:I'm sorry.
对不起。
Look, do you have a second?
second:一会儿
听着,你有空吗?
-Sheldon:A second what, pair of underwear?
underwear:内与
多余的什么,一套内衣? (a second也可解释为"多余")
-Penny:I was just wondering if I could talk to you.
wonder:想知道
我只是想和你谈谈。
It's about Leonard.
是关于Leonard。
-Sheldon:Why me?
为什么是我?
Why not Koothrappali or Wolowitz?
为什么不找Koothrappali 或者Wolowitz?
-Penny:Well, Raj can't talk to me unless he's drunk,
Raj除非喝醉酒不然没办法跟我说话,
and Wolowitz is, you know, disgusting.
disgusting:令人作呕的
而Wolowitz有点,你知道,有点恶心。
-Sheldon:Yes, I suppose he is
是的,我觉得也是。
-Penny:All I'm saying is, you know Leonard the best.
我只想说,你最了解Leonard。
-Sheldon:Not necessarily.
necessarily:必定的
不一定啊。
I'm often surprised by my lack of familiarity with Leonard.
lack:缺乏 familiarity:熟悉
我经常对我多么不了解Leonard而感到惊讶。
Just the other day I discovered he not only has a loofah,
the other day:前几天 loofah:丝瓜
就在前几天,我发现他不仅有一个丝瓜络,
he hides it.
hide:隐藏
还藏了起来。
Why do you suppose a man would be ashamed of having a loofah?
be ashamed of:惭愧
一个男人有个丝瓜络有什么好害羞的?
I, myself, prefer to have my excess epithelial cells
prefer to:较喜欢 excess:过量的 epithelial cells:上皮细胞 epithelial:上皮的
就我自己来说,我更喜欢多余的上皮细胞
slough off:丢弃 naturally:自然地 condemn:谴责
自然脱落,但我也不会谴责
those who seek to accelerate the process.
seek:试图 accelerate:使加速 process:过程,进程
那些设法加速这一进程的人啊。
...and until recently I had no idea that despite his lactose intolerance,
lactose intolerance:乳糖不耐受(症) lactose:乳糖
...而且直到最近我才知道,他虽然患有乳糖耐受不良 (一种对奶制品不能消化吸收的先天性疾病)。
he can tolerate small amounts of non-fat ice cream
non-fat:脱脂的 ice cream:冰激凌
他却可以吃少量的脱脂冰激凌,
without producing a
noxious11 gas that I maintain,
noxious gas:有毒气体 maintain:坚持
却不会产生那种气体。
in the right concentration, could be weaponized.
concentration:集中 weaponize:使武器化,这里指有伤害
我认为那种气体达到一定浓度时会有伤害性了。
分享到: