贝多芬住我家楼上 第14期:听不见声音的贝多芬
时间:2015-10-13 03:38:11
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
贝多芬第九交响曲第四章
Dear Christoph, I've read your letter several times.
亲爱的Christoph,我把你的信又看了好多次。
Mr. Beethoven is famous for his temper, but his moods are not your fault.
贝多芬先生的脾气是出了名的,但是他的情绪可不是你的错。
你试想一下他的生活是多么地令人沮丧啊。
Imagine how lonely to hear no voices.
想想在听不到声音后,他的生活是多么地孤独。
Imagine hearing no birds sing, no wind in the trees, no
pealing2 of bells.
想想听不见鸟儿的歌声,听不见风吹大树,听不见钟声。
Imagine, he hears no music.
想象一下,他听不见音乐了。
Not even his own!
甚至听不见他自己的音乐。
So, Mr. Beethoven has a great temper.
所以,贝多芬先生的脾气很大。
How could he not?
他的脾气怎么能不大呢?
But if you listen to his music you will hear that his heart is great as well – too great to be angry for long at an innocent boy.
但是如果你听过他的音乐,就能明白他的心也是很宽大的——这么宽大的心灵怎么会对一个天真的小男孩长时间地发脾气呢。
Dear Uncle, Mr. Beethoven has forgotten the incident with the papers.
亲爱的叔叔,贝多芬先生已经忘记了(乐谱)纸的事情了。
He squeezed my shoulder in a friendly way when he passed me in the hall this afternoon.
今天下午,他在客厅里遇到了我,友好地捏了捏我的肩膀。
Now the house is quiet and I am alone.
现在房子很安静,只有我一个人。
I'm writing by candlelight in my room.
烛光下,我在自己的房间里写信。
The concert is tomorrow night and so, of course, I cannot sleep.
明天就到音乐会了。所以,当然啦,我无法入睡。
I think of Mr. Beethoven alone upstairs.
我想着贝多芬先生独自一人在楼上。
I have not heard him stir for quite some time.
我有一段时间没有听到他走动了。
I wonder what he's thinking about.
我猜想他在想些什么呢。
Perhaps he is hearing something beautiful in his head.
也许他在脑海里听到什么美妙的东西。
Dear Uncle, There he was, Mr. Beethoven, up there on the stage, waving his arms, as I have seen him so many times upstairs.
亲爱的叔叔,他就在那里,贝多芬先生就站在台上,挥舞着双臂,就像我很多次在楼上看到的那样。
And there were the singers.
那里还有歌手。
I had seen them so many times, too, tramping up and down our stairs.
我也看见过他们很多次了,在我们的楼梯来回地走。
But they were so beautiful now, up there in the light of the stage.
但是现在,在舞台的灯光下,他们是那么的漂亮。
It was hours long but the concert seemed over before it started.
音乐会持续了几个小时,但是从它一开始,音乐会似乎就结束了。
To think that he had heard this in his head!
想想他在自己的脑海里听到这些。
All of us were
standing3 and cheering and clapping and waving scarves and shouting and trying to make Mr. Beethoven hear us.
我们所有的人都站了起来,为之喝彩。我们鼓掌,挥舞着围巾,大声呼喊着,试图让贝多芬先生能够听见我们。
He didn't even know to turn around until one of the sopranos took his sleeve.
直到女高音拉了拉他的袖子,他才转过身来。
She turned him to face the crowd.
她引着他转向人群。
Four times the audience began to clap and cheer again.
观众第四次开始鼓掌和欢呼。
Up there on the stage, Mr. Beethoven bowed and bowed and bowed again.
在台子上,贝多芬先生不停地鞠躬,再鞠躬,再鞠躬。
分享到: