绿野仙踪 第78期:神奇的翡翠城(13)
时间:2018-07-17 01:24:39
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
The Ball of Fire burned fiercely for a time, and the voice said, "Bring me proof that the Wicked Witch is dead, and that moment I will give you courage. 这时候,火球燃烧得更加猛烈了,那声音说:“你把那恶女巫死了的证据带来给我,到那时候,我就把胆量给你。
But as long as the Witch lives, you must remain a
coward1." 但是,只要那个女巫还活着,你一定仍旧是一只小胆狮。”
The Lion was angry at this speech, but could say nothing in reply, 狮子对于这些话很愤怒,但是它没有什么可以回答,
and while he stood silently gazing at the Ball of Fire it became so
furiously2 hot that he turned tail and rushed from the room. 这时,它静静地站着,凝视着那火球,火球更加猛烈,使得它转过尾巴从宫中冲出去,
He was glad to find his friends waiting for him, and told them of his terrible interview with the Wizard. 看到朋友们在等它,它很开心,把它和那魔术家会见的可怕情形,告诉了他们。
"What shall we do now?" asked Dorothy sadly. 多萝茜忧愁地问:“现在我们怎么办?”
"There is only one thing we can do," returned the Lion, "and that is to go to the land of the Winkies, seek out the Wicked Witch, and destroy her." “只有一件事情我们能够做,”狮子回答说,“那就是去到那温基人住的地方,找到那恶女巫,把她杀死。”
"But suppose we cannot?" said the girl. “但是,假使我们做不到呢?”小女孩子说。
"Then I shall never have courage," declared the Lion. “那么,我将永远不能有胆量了。”狮子断然说。
"And I shall never have brains," added the Scarecrow. “我将永远不会有脑子了。”稻草人再说。
"And I shall never have a heart,"
spoke3 the Tin Woodman. “我将永远不会有一颗心了。”铁皮人说。
"And I shall never see Aunt Em and Uncle Henry," said Dorothy, beginning to cry. “我将永远不会看见爱姆婶婶和亨利叔叔了。”多萝茜说着,重新又哭起来了。
"Be careful!" cried the green girl. "The tears will fall on your green silk gown and spot it." “当心!”绿女郎叫喊着,“那眼泪会掉在你的绿缎衣上,把它弄污了。”
So Dorothy dried her eyes and said, "I suppose we must try it; but I am sure I do not want to kill anybody, even to see Aunt Em again." 因此多萝茜揩干了她的眼泪说道:“我以为我们必须去尝试一下,但是我相信即使为了要再见到爱姆婶婶,我也不想去杀死什么人。”
"I will go with you; but I'm too much of a coward to kill the Witch," said the Lion. “我同你一块儿去;但是要去杀死那个女巫,我太胆小了。”狮子说。
"I will go too," declared the Scarecrow; "but I shall not be of much help to you, I am such a fool." “我也去,”稻草人自告奋勇;“不过因为我是一个笨汉,对于你,我将没有多大的帮助。”
"I haven't the heart to harm even a Witch," remarked the Tin Woodman; "but if you go I certainly shall go with you." “虽然是一个恶女巫,我也无心去伤害她,”铁皮人说,“不过倘使你去,我当然同你一块儿去。”
分享到: