英语听书《海底两万里》第561期 第35章 尼摩船长的最后几句话(8)
时间:2018-07-23 03:18:45
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
I closed my eyes. I no longer wanted to think. 我闭上眼睛,我不愿意再想下去了。
A half hour still to wait! 还有半个小时的等待!
A half hour of nightmares that could drive me insane! 半个小时使我发疯的恶梦!
Just then I heard indistinct chords from the organ,
melancholy1 harmonies from some undefinable hymn, 这时,我听到了一阵朦胧的管风琴协奏声,那是一种难以形容的绝唱的哀乐,
actual pleadings from a soul trying to
sever2 its earthly ties. 是一颗与世隔绝的心灵的真正哀怨。
I listened with all my senses at once, barely breathing, 我屏住气,全神贯注地聆听着,
immersed like Captain Nemo in this musical trance that was drawing him beyond the bounds of this world. 像尼摩船长一样沉浸在这把他带离尘世之外的恍惚的乐声中。
Then a sudden thought terrified me. 突然,一种想法把我吓坏了:
Captain Nemo had left his stateroom. 尼摩船长离开了他的房间。
He was in the same lounge I had to cross in order to escape. 我仿佛看到他走到了我逃跑必经的客厅里,
There I would encounter him one last time. 在那里,我最后一次碰到了他。
He would see me, perhaps speak to me! 他看着我,他可能会跟我说话!
Even so, ten o'clock was about to strike. 然而,10点的钟声敲响了。
It was time to leave my stateroom and rejoin my companions. 我离开房间,与同伴会合的时刻到了。
I dared not hesitate, even if Captain Nemo stood before me. 这时,就是尼摩船长站在我面前,也没什么可犹豫了。
I opened the door cautiously, but as it swung on its hinges, it seemed to make a
frightful6 noise. 尽管我小心翼翼地打开了房门,我还是觉得我转动门链时发出了吓人的声响。
This noise existed, perhaps, only in my imagination! 这个声音可能只存在于我的想象中吧!
I crept forward through the Nautilus's dark gangways, pausing after each step to
curb7 the pounding of my heart. 我猫着腰穿过“鹦鹉螺号”船上黑暗的过道,我每走一步就停一下,以让我的心跳平息一下。
分享到: