绿野仙踪 第101期:飞猴(2)
时间:2018-09-04 01:10:37
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
"If we walk far enough," said Dorothy, "I am sure we shall sometime come to some place." “如果我们不停地走,”多萝茜说,“我相信,我们一定会在某一个时候,走到翡翠城。”
But day by day passed away, and they still saw nothing before them but the
scarlet1 fields. 几天就这样过去了,他们仍然没有走出去,在他们的面前,只是一片深红色的田野。
The Scarecrow began to
grumble2 a bit. 稻草人便开始埋怨了。
"We have surely lost our way," he said, "and unless we find it again in time to reach the Emerald City, I shall never get my brains." 他说:“我们一定走错了路,除非我们最后能找到一条出路,不然,我将不会得到我的脑子了。”
"Nor I my heart," declared the Tin Woodman. “我就不会得到我的心了,”铁皮人说。
"It seems to me I can
scarcely3 wait till I get to Oz, and you must admit this is a very long journey." “我几乎没有希望能够到达奥芝那里,你必须承认,这确实是一个漫长的旅程。”
"You see," said the Cowardly Lion, with a whimper, "I haven't the courage to keep tramping forever, without getting anywhere at all." “我们都明白,”胆小的狮子用一种呜咽的声音说,“假如到不了那里,我就没有信心走完这疲倦的长途旅行。”
Then Dorothy lost heart. 于是多萝茜也感到很沮丧了。
She sat down on the grass and looked at her companions, and they sat down and looked at her, 她坐在青青的草地上,呆呆地看着她的同伴们,他们也坐下来,互相看着,
and Toto found that for the first time in his life he was too tired to
chase4 a butterfly that flew past his head. 托托在它的一生中,恐怕难得这么疲倦吧,也不去追逐在它头顶上飞过的蝴蝶。
So he put out his tongue and
panted5 and looked at Dorothy as if to ask what they should do next. 只是吐出了舌头,喘着气,看着多萝茜,似乎在问她,何时能结束这长途跋涉。
"Suppose we call the field mice," she suggested. "They could probably tell us the way to the Emerald City." “如果我们招呼那些田鼠来,”她提议着。“它们或者能够把去翡翠城的路,指点给我们。”
"To be sure they could," cried the Scarecrow. "Why didn't we think of that before?" “它们能办到的,”稻草人喊着。“哎哟,为什么我们不早一点想到呢?”
Dorothy blew the little whistle she had always carried about her neck since the Queen of the Mice had given it to her. 多萝茜吹那次田鼠皇后送给她,常挂颈项里的小口笛。
In a few minutes they heard the pattering of tiny feet, and many of the small gray mice came running up to her. 很快地,他们听到了淅沥淅沥的脚步声,许多灰色的小田野,已经来到她身边。
Among them was the Queen herself, who asked, in her squeaky little voice: 皇后也来了,它用它的细小啼声问道:
"What can I do for my friends?" “我的朋友们,你们有什么事吗?”
"We have lost our way," said Dorothy. "Can you tell us where the Emerald City is?" 多萝茜:“我们迷失了路,请你告诉我,翡翠城怎么走?”
"Certainly," answered the Queen; 皇后回答说:“好的,”
"but it is a great way off, for you have had it at your backs all this time." “但是离开极远,因为你们走了相反的路了。”
Then she noticed Dorothy's Golden Cap, and said, "Why don't you use the
charm6 of the Cap, and call the Winged Monkeys to you? 于是它发现多萝茜的金冠,就说道:“你为什么不运用这顶金冠的神奇魔力,叫飞猴们送你们到翡翠城去?
They will carry you to the City of Oz in less than an hour." 它们花不了一个钟头,就能把你们带到奥芝的城里去。”
分享到: