夏洛的网 第219期:温暖的风(9)
时间:2019-02-13 05:29:54
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Wilbur's' heart brimmed with happiness. 威尔伯的心洋溢着快乐。
He felt that he should make a short speech on this very important occasion. 它觉得自己该对这无比重要的时刻发表一篇简短的讲话。
"Joy! Aranea! Nellie!" he began. "Welcome to the barn cellar. “快乐!阿拉妮!内莉!”它开口说,“欢迎你们来到谷仓底。
You have chosen a hallowed
doorway1 from which to string your webs. 你们选中了一个神圣的门口结你们的网。
I think it is only fair to tell you that I was
devoted2 to your mother. 我想我应该告诉你们,我一向全心全意爱你们的妈妈。
I owe my very life to her. 我的性命是它救回来的。
She was brilliant, beautiful, and loyal to the end. 它卓越,漂亮,一直到死都忠心耿耿。
I shall always treasure her memory. 我永远珍藏着对它的回忆。
To you, her daughters, I pledge my friendship, forever and ever." 对于你们,它的女儿们,我发誓和你们友好下去,直到永远。”
"I pledge mine," said Joy. “我也发誓和你友好下去,”快乐说。
"I do, too," said Aranea. “我也是,”阿拉妮说。
"And so do I," said Nellie, who had just managed to catch a small
gnat3. “我也是,”内莉说,它正好捉住了一只小蚊蚋。
It was a happy day for Wilbur. 对威尔伯来说,这是一个快乐的的日子。
And many more happy,
tranquil4 days followed. 接下来是更多快乐安宁的日子。
分享到: