生活大爆炸 第九季:第12集 莱纳德与佩妮看精神科(下)
时间:2019-03-01 01:16:01
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Ok, so once we received the next image and compare it to the ones we've already collected, we'll know what it is that we found. 好了,一旦我们接收到下一张图像把它跟我们之前搜集的作对比,就能知道我们发现的是什么了
Ooh, perhaps it's a Heliosheath scintillation. It could be a transNeptunian object. Maybe it's a new planet. 或许是日鞘闪烁的光,也可能是外海王星天体,也许是一个新星球
Unlikely, but it could be a
dwarf1 planet. 不太可能,但可能是矮行星
Well, as long as it has a healthy gravity and all its moons, I'll be happy. 只要它有健康的重力,该有的卫星都有,我就开心了
Okay, the final image is coming in. And the object we discovered is... 好了,最后一张图片来了,我们发现的天体是...
Come on, Daddy needs a livable planet he can rule with an iron fist. A mediumsized
asteroid2. 拜托了,爸比需要一颗可以施行铁拳政策的宜居星球,一颗中型小行星
That's it? How common. That's the chicken fingers on the menu of space. 就这样吗,真普通,简直就是太空菜单上的鸡柳啊
I kind of like chicken fingers. 我挺喜欢鸡柳的
Yeah, me, too. I was stuck for a
metaphor3. 我也是,我只是想不到其他比喻了
Come on, a mediumsized asteroid is still an interesting discovery. 别这样嘛,一颗中型小行星也是一项有意思的发现啊
I suppose it could end up on a collision course with Earth and destroy life as we know it. 我想它的确有可能会跟地球撞上,毁掉一切生命体
You dream different than me. It is kind of cute. 你我梦想天差地远,它还挺可爱的
Yeah, it is. And you know we get to name it. We better choose a name no one can make fun of. 的确,我们还能给它起名字哦,我们最好选一个没人会取笑的名字
Sir Frederick William Herschel didn't do
Uranus4 any favors. 赫歇尔爵士取的名字就坑死天王星了(Uranus天王星常被取笑为,ur anus,你的菊花)
Hey, how'd it go? Oh, great. Dr. Gallo is
terrific5. 进展如何,很顺利,加洛医生太棒了
You know, II've always been insecure that no one cares about what I have to say,but she made me see... Yeah, no one cares. 我一直觉得没有安全感,因为没人关心我要说什么,但她让我觉得... 没人关心这个啦
Did you help me out or not? 你到底有没有帮我说话
Okay, nnow, what I'm hearing is that you feel that I sometimes take too long to express myself, and you wish I'd be more
succinct6. 好吧,我听你这句话,感觉像你嫌我有时用太多时间来表达自己的感受,你希望我说话简单明了
You're only hearing that because I cannot roll my eyes any louder. 我之所以说出来是因为你听不到我翻白眼的声音
All right, well, after we talked about my issues with my mother nothing too deep, just how she ruined my life 好吧,在我们谈了我跟我妈的问题后也没太深入,就聊了她怎么毁了我的人生
I told her about you and your drug; she said she'd be happy to meet you. 我告诉她你和你的药,她说她很乐意见你
Really? Oh, you're the best husband ever! So you'll go to the Doctor Who
convention7 with me next week? 真的吗,你是史上最棒的老公了,那你下周会跟我去神秘博士大会吗
I guess. Oh, I actually did hear your eyes roll that time. 会吧,这次我听出你白眼翻到外太空了
Boy, when was the last time Stuart cleaned this place? No kidding. 天啊,斯尔图特从来没打扫过房间吧,肯定是
Oh, okay, I'm about to suck something up. What do you think this object sounds like? 好了,某物要被我吸进吸尘器了,你觉得这东西听起来像什么
Howie, I don't want to play Lego, Toenail or Pill anymore. 我不想再玩猜是乐高,脚趾甲,还是药丸的游戏
So, what do you think we should do with this room? 我们该怎么运用这个房间呢
Well, I was thinking a home theater or a gaming room you know, like a man cave. 我在考虑弄成家庭影院或游戏房,就像一个男人窝
Why can't it be a woman cave? 为什么就不能是女人窝呢
As long as it has a home theater, a video game system and you're not allowed in it, you can call it whatever you want. 只要内含家庭影院,电子游戏机,而且禁止你入内,你想叫什么都行
I'm being serious. Well, what do you think we should do? 我是说真的啦,你觉得我们该怎么做
I don't know, maybe a home office or... 我不知道,或许弄成家庭办公室或...
Look. The teddy bear Stuart won the night we took him to the fair. He was so excited. 瞧,我们带斯尔图特去园游会时,他赢的泰迪熊,他当时超级兴奋
Yeah. You know, no matter how hard they tried, they could not guess his age. 是啊,不管他们怎么绞尽脑汁都猜不出来他几岁
I'll give it to him next time I see him. 下次我看见他时给他吧
Have you heard from him since he left? No. 他走了之后有和你联系吗,没有
You'd think he would've called once he got settled in. 以为他安顿好了,就会给我们打电话呢
Hmm. Maybe he's busy. 也许他比较忙吧
Too busy to call? He wasn't too busy to bingewatch Hot in Cleveland with my Hulu password. 忙到电话都打不了吗,他用我的会员账号上网追《燃情克利夫兰》就有空吗
What is happening? Are we missing him? 怎么回事,我们是在想他吗
No, that's not what this feeling is. Is it? 没有,这种感觉才不是想他,是吗
Of course not. He drove us crazy. 当然不是,他总能逼疯我们
Like when you were gonna make that pie and Stuart ate all the blueberries. And he tried to deny it, but his teeth were all purple. 还记得有一次你准备烤个派,结果斯图尔特把蓝莓都吃光了,他还想赖账,可是牙都吃紫了
That was pretty cute. Yeah. Ew, we are missing him! 还挺可爱的,是啊,靠,我们真是在想他
So I was thinking, maybe we can come up with a name for the asteroid by combining our names. 我在想,或许我们可以把我俩名字拼起来给小行星命名
That's a great idea. I've got it. We'll call it... Cooper. 这个主意好,我想到了,我们就叫它...库珀
How is that both our names? 这哪里是我们俩的名字
"Koo" from Koothrappali and "per" from Cooper. 库是取自"库"萨帕里,而珀取自库"珀"
Yeah, sso it's, like, Kooper with a "K"? 好吧,所以是我的那个"库"吗
Nah, you're right, that's dumb. 不要了,你说得对,这主意太蠢了
Oh, Leonard, great news. We discovered a mediumsized asteroid together. 莱纳德,好消息,我们一起发现了一颗中型小行星
Wow, that's amazing! I'm in a pretty great mood today myself. 太棒了,我今天心情也很不错
Okay. Guess we're gonna talk about you now. 行吧,看来你要把话题转到你身上了
Well, we are, because Dr. Gallo made me realize that I'm a worthwhile person and that my feelings matter. 是的,因为加洛医生让我意识到,我是值得好好对待的人,我的感觉也很重要
I learned that for free from a cat poster, but good for you. 我是免费从一张猫咪海报上学到,不过你开心就好
Okay, back to me. I discovered an asteroid, and now I get to name it. 好的,说回我这里,我发现了一颗小行星,现在我可以给它起名了
Wait, what happened to us? 等等,不是我们吗
Now, this isn't about us, this is about what's best for the asteroid. 现在重点不是我们,而是怎样才算对小行星好
What are you thinking of naming it? 你们准备给它起名叫什么
I haven't settled on anything yet. We haven't settled on anything yet. 我还没有定下来,我们还没有定下来
All right, way to go, Cat Poster. You hang in there. 棒棒棒,猫咪海报,一边挂着去
You know what'd be nice? Name it after your girlfriends. Show them how much you care. 用你们女朋友的名字命名不是更好吗,显得你们多在乎她们啊
That is a great idea. It's perfect. 这个主意妙啊,完美
It appears romantic, but it's really just a rock in space that gets me out of Valentine's Day forever. 表面好像很浪漫,其实只是太空里的一块石头而已,还能让我以后都不用愁情人节了
So, uh, what were you thinking? Combine their names? 你有什么想法,把她们名字拼起来吗
I like it. Yeah, we'll take the "AM" from Amy and, uh, the "Y" from Emily. That's just Amy. 这样可以,我们就从艾米的名字里取"艾"字,然后艾米丽的名字里取"米"字,那就是"艾米"啊
Exactly. See how well we work together? 正是如此,瞧我们合作无间啊
And in doubleblind studies, Placinex proved extremely effective in treating all kinds of anxiety. 在双盲试验中,此药被证明对治疗各种焦虑症都极其有效
Actually, funny story the boys in the lab were worried about getting FDA approval for Placinex; they started taking it, stopped worrying. Got it. 说个有意思的事,实验室里的人很焦虑食品药物管理局会不批这个药,就开始吃这药,然后就再也不担心了,懂了
Uh, do you have any questions? 你有什么问题想问吗
Just one. When you made your husband pretend to be a patient so you could get access to me, what were you thinking there? 就一个,当你让你老公扮成病人,好让你有机会跟我接触时,你当时在想什么呢
I just... meant a question about the drug. 我是指关于药的问题
Yeah, I know what you meant. Let's put that aside for a minute and talk about why you married Leonard. I don't wanna. 我知道你是什么意思,先把这个放在一边,聊聊为什么你会嫁给莱纳德,我不想
Here is a man raised by an overbearing woman who completely
dominated8 every aspect of his formative years. 这是一个被专横霸道的女人养大,从性格形成时期就各方面被彻底压制的男人
Do you think he's
perpetuating9 that relationship by seeking out a partner like you? 你认为他是希望一直维持这种关系才会找野蛮女友当伴侣的吗
You know, I used to wear tank tops a lot. That was a big selling point. 我以前总是穿无袖背心,这个卖点非常吸引顾客
Hi, Sheldon. What's up? 谢尔顿,怎么了
Good news. You're an asteroid. 好消息,你是颗行星了
Uh... please tell me what to say next. 请你告诉我这句该怎么接
Perhaps I should explain. While working with Koothrappali, we discovered an asteroid, and I named it after you. 看来我得解释一下,在跟库萨帕里一起工作的时候,我们发现了一颗小行星,我以你的名字给它命名了
Sheldon, thank you.That's so romantic. But what about Rajesh? He was okay with you choosing the name? 谢尔顿,谢谢你,这太浪漫了,那拉杰什怎么办,他同意让你用这名字吗
Well, it took a little
negotiating10, but I wore him down. Uh, we get the asteroid, and if you and I have children, they all have to be named Rajesh. 确实花了一些时间磋商,最后我将他说服了,小行星的命名权给我们,但如果我们生了孩子都得取名叫拉杰什
All of them? Even the girls. 全都要叫这名吗,连女儿都要
Okay, I think I know what to say now. How can I not sound like his mother when our entire bedroom is filled with Star Wars toys? 好吧,我知道现在该说什么了,当我们的卧室被星战玩具塞满,我怎么可能不变身他妈
I mean, have you ever had sex with a stuffed Wookiee watching you? 你跟人上床的时候有试过被伍基人毛绒玩具盯着看吗
I went to college in the '70s; it was a hairier time. I'm gonna say yes. 我念大学的时候是七十年代,那时候大家都不刮毛,所以我的答案是,是的
You know, if anything, he's turning me into his mother. 就算我像他妈,也是被他逼的
Before I did
pharmaceutical11 sales, I was an actress. You know, I was pretty good. You know, girlnextdoor type, but hot. Doable. 我当医药销售之前是个演员,相当优秀的演员,那种邻家女孩型,但很性感,有"搞"头那种
And not only am I Leonard's mother, but we have this manchild living with us named Sheldon. 我不仅成了莱纳德的妈,还有这个老小孩跟我们一起住,叫谢尔顿
Oh, Leonard talked a lot about him. I wasn't sure if he was real. 莱纳德确实说过他很多事,我之前不确定他是否真实存在
Yeah, he's as real as the fine I get when I use too much toilet paper. 他的真实程度就跟我上厕所多用手纸被他罚款一样真
Wow, you really do have a lot on your plate. 你烦心事真是够多啊
I do. You know, Leonard's right. Talking to you is really
helping12. 是的,说真的, 莱纳德说得对,跟你聊天特别有帮助
Oh, I'm glad. You know, you might also benefit from a
prescription13 for anxiety. 很高兴能帮上忙,一张治疗焦虑症的处方对你也是大有益处
Okay, if you think it'll help. Oh, just don't make it Placinex. I do not need sudden fits of homicidal rage. 好的,你觉得有用就好,拜托不要给我开我公司的药,我不需要突然暴怒想杀人的副作用
I miss you. I miss you as well. 我想你,我也想你
I can't believe I miss Stuart. I guess I just miss when life was simpler. 不敢相信我想念斯图尔特,我大概只是想念过去简单的生活
Go, Leonard! Go, Leonard! Go, Leonard! Go, Leonard! 加油,莱纳德,加油,莱纳德
Remember, girls, you decide what makes you happy, not your emotionally
withholding14 mothers. 记住姑娘们,你的开心你做主,而不是由你压抑情感的老妈来定
Go, Leonard! Go, Leonard! Go, Leonard! Go, Leonard! Go, Leonard! I really miss this. 加油,莱纳德,加油,莱纳德,我真的好想念这样
分享到: