生活大爆炸 第九季:第22集 品酒与独处之夜(上)
时间:2019-03-01 02:21:22
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Oh, hey, if you guys are free this weekend, I won a night of wine tasting from work. 你们这周末要是有空,公司奖给我一晚品酒之夜,一起去啊
That sounds fun. How come scientists don't win free stuff like
salespeople1 do? 听起来挺有意思啊,为什么科学家不像销售员有免费东西拿呢
'Cause we're not in it for the stuff. We're in it for the groupies. 我们投身科学界不是为了得到东西,而是为了能泡粉丝
Personally, I find the notion of external rewards demeaning. I pursue science for the intrinsic joy of discovery. 我个人呢,觉得外在奖励挺有损人格,我投身科学是为了科学发现所带来的欢乐
But you always say that you want to win a Nobel Prize. 但你不是总念叨着要赢个诺贝尔奖吗
I also say don't contradict me in front of my friends, but that you don't remember. 我也念叨过不要在我朋友面前吐槽我,这你丫怎么就没记得呢
All right, well, let me know if you guys want to go. 好了,你们想去的话就告诉我
I would love to. I do enjoy the
complexity2 of an
aged3 Pinot noir. 我愿意,我就很享受陈酿黑皮诺红酒富有层次的口感
I'm sure that would pair nicely with your fried nuggets of chicken. 我相信那红酒一定很搭你这份炸鸡块
Well, it sounds like a nice night. We should go. Wine again? 听起来会很棒,我们应该去,又是酒吗
Yeah, no, thank you. I like my grapes the oldfashioned way:in a juice box. 不用了,谢谢,我喜欢传统的享用葡萄方式,就是果汁盒
Well, I'm going. You couldn't stop me from getting a
massage4 at the mall, and you're not stopping me now. 我就要去,我在商场时,你就阻止不了我去按摩,现在也别想阻止我
I shouldn't have to see my girlfriend get groped in public by another man. 我为什么要眼睁睁看我女朋友在公共场合被别的男人"上下其手"啊
And I shouldn't have to see my boyfriend riding on a train for children around the mall. 我又为什么要眼睁睁看我男朋友坐商场里给小孩玩的小火车啊
The little choochoo for toddlers? And now you know why I needed the massage. 给儿童坐的那种迷你火车吗,所以你知道我为什么需要找人按摩了吗
Well, we're out. Bernie can't drink 'cause she's pregnant. And she's pregnant because we had sex. And we had sex because...well, come on. 我们不去,妮妮怀孕了,不能喝酒,而她会怀孕,是因为我们滚床单了,而我们会滚床单是因为...这还用说吗
It's okay. You should go. You sure? Of course. 没事的,你跟他们去吧,你确定吗,当然啦
Yeah, give her a break from, "Well, come on." 对啊,让她耳根清净,远离"这还用说吗"
Well, Bernadette, looks like Saturday night, it's you and me. Me? How? Why? 妮妮,看来周六晚是你跟我二人时光了,我吗,怎么,凭啥
Well, it makes perfect sense. Because you're an expectant mother, you can't drink alcohol. I don't like to. 这很有道理啊,因为你身怀六甲,所以不能喝酒,我是不喜欢喝
You can't have sushi. I don't like to. 怀孕不能吃寿司生鱼片,我是不喜欢吃
You can't go in hot tubs. I consider them
vats5 of sweaty people soup. 怀孕不能进浴缸泡热水澡,而我觉得那是一桶人们的汗水汤
Gee6, Sheldon, I don't know. 谢尔顿,我不知道...
Oh, come on. Roller coasters, caffeine, runny eggs, I've been avoiding these things all my life. And now, because you're pregnant, you have to. 别怕啦,过山车,咖啡因,半熟的蛋,我这辈子一直都在避开这些东西,而你现在怀孕了,你不避开这些都不行
The difference is she's bringing life into the world, and you suck it out. 但你们的差别是,她是为世界带来生命,而你是带走生命力
I guess we could give it a try. 我们就试试一起玩吧
Well, little lady, you've heard of party
hearty7; get ready to party hardly. 小姑娘,听过用心派对吧,准备迎接"无心"派对吧
I bet you'd like a drink right now. 我猜你现在一定超想来一杯
Hey, you think it'd be okay if I brought Claire to the wine tasting? 你们会介意我带克莱尔去参加品酒吗
Sure. I'd like to meet her. Oh, that's great. 可以啊,我也想见她,那太好了
I've been wanting her to meet you guys, too, so this seems like the perfect opportunity. 我也想带她见见大家好久了,感觉这次是个很完美的好时机
Oh, but I won't be there. Funny how that worked out. 但是我不会在场啊,真是无巧不成书啊
Does this mean Emily's not in the picture anymore? 所以这代表艾米丽已经宣告出局了吗
No, I'm still dating her. 没有啊,我们还会约会
Okay, help me out. How are you doing this? Do they know about each other? 大神为我指点迷津,你是怎么做到脚踏两条船,她们知道彼此的存在吗
They know that we're not exclusive, and we just don't ask too many questions. 她们都知道我与她们不是专属的关系,所以我们就彼此不要问太多问题就好
You know, it's like how I play Warlords of Ka'a with you and Elder Sign with Frank and Alicia. 就像我跟你玩"卡亚战神"卡牌游戏而跟法兰克与艾丽西娅玩《远古封印》
Who's Frank and Alicia? 法兰克与艾丽西娅是谁啊
Y... You and I spend a lot of time together. Can there be a little mystery between us? 我们相处时间已经够长了,我们之间就不能有些小秘密吗
Okay. Everything's hooked up. We're ready. I am going to record this for
posterity8. 好了,线路什么的都接好了,准备好啦,我要为后人们录下这一刻
All right, here goes nothing. 好了,去吧,就决定是你了
Here goes nothing? This is the initial test of our prototype. Can we give it a little more gravitas? 还"去吧,就决定是你了"呢,这是我们原型的首次测试,能不能用词正式大气一点
Fine. Preliminary trial of the infinite
persistence9 gyroscopic navigational system: phase one commencing. 行,无限持续陀螺仪导向系统初步实验: 第一阶段开始
Eh... maybe it's your voice. I'm gonna see if I can get James Earl Jones to do it in post. 可能是你声线的问题,我看看能不能找詹姆斯·厄尔·琼斯配音吧
It's...it'sit's beautiful. Actually, it's making me dizzy. 太,太美了,其实我看得有点头晕了
Good, it's not just me. 太好了,原来不止我一个
Hello. Hey, Claire. Hey, what's up? 您好,克莱尔,是我,怎么啦
Hi, yeah. Um, I was wondering, if you're free Saturday night, all my friends are going to a wine tasting. 是这样的,我在想如果你周六晚有空,我的小伙伴们要一起去品酒之夜
Sure, I guess. If you don't think meeting your friends is too big a step. 好啊,可以吧,你不觉得我见你的朋友们进展太快就行
Why would it be too big a step? 为什么这会算进展太快呢
I don't know. I just don't want things to get
weird10. 不知道啊,我不想事情发展得奇怪
Nothing to worry about. People meet people all the time, and it isn't weird. 没什么好担心的啦,人生就是不断地认识新的人,怎么会奇怪
I met Bon Jovi once, which you'd think might be weird. Turns out, total sweetheart. 我见过歌手邦·乔飞,你可能觉得会很怪,但结果呢,人家好得不得了
Okay, but you and I have been keeping things casual. 但我们一直处于顺其自然的状态
Uh, will you introduce me as your friend or as your girlfriend? What if I like them and they don't like me? 所以你会跟朋友介绍我是你的朋友还是女朋友呢,万一我喜欢他们,他们不喜欢我怎么办
What if they like me and I don't like them? 万一他们喜欢我,我不喜欢他们怎么办
Boy, it wasn't this hard with Bon Jovi. I said, "You rock," he said, "Thanks, man," and that was that. 天啊,跟邦·乔维见面都没这么多事儿,我说"你最摇滚最屌",他说"谢啦,兄弟",仅此而已
Hey, you ready to go? Hang on. What are you doing? 可以走了吗,等等,你在干嘛
Oh, I found a scratchandsniff book about wine tasting. It teaches the different flavor notes to look for. 我发现一本品酒的书,后面有香味刮刮卡,它教人们根据不同的味道去识别葡萄酒
You actually smell the wine? 你真的能闻香知酒吗
I mostly just smell my nasal spray. 大多时间我只闻到我喷鼻剂的味道
Since my preschool got a bunny. 打从我幼儿园来了一只兔子就没好过
Hey, are you still hanging out with Bernadette tonight? 你今晚还打算跟伯纳黛特一起过吗
Yes. And we're going to prove that we don't need alcohol to enjoy ourselves. Oh, good for you. 当然,我们要证明不需要酒精也能玩得开心,挺适合你俩的
Or caffeine, tobacco, sushi, soft cheese, processed meats and Jacuzzis, which can all be harmful to an unborn baby. 也不需要咖啡因,香烟,寿司,软干酪,加工肉类,按摩浴缸,这些对肚子里的宝宝都会造成伤害
No HoneyBaked Ham in a hot tub. Got it. Oh, no bubble baths either. They can increase the risk of a urinary
tract12 infection. Okay, have fun. 泡澡时不能吃蜂蜜火腿,懂了,也不能洗泡泡澡,那会增加尿路感染的风险,好的,好好玩
Oh, and no swordfish, king mackerel, shark or tilefish, which are all high in mercury. We're leaving now! 不能吃箭鱼,大耳马鲛,鲨鱼或方头鱼,这些鱼类含汞量高,我们走了
Oh, and no contact with guinea pigs or hamsters or their droppings, uh, nono cat litter boxes, no paint
fumes13... 还不能跟接触豚鼠,仓鼠或它们的粪便,不能碰猫砂盆,不能闻油漆味
Okay, we're leaving, love you, bye! 我们走啦,爱你哦,再见
Where is everybody? Oh, we're the first ones here. Cool.Yeah. Cool. 其他人呢,我们比他们先到一步,酷,是啊,酷
You know, I don't remember the last time it was just you and me hanging out. 我不记得上一次,咱俩独处是什么时候了
Oh, I do. It was three years ago. 我记得,那是三年前
Oh, yeah, and we said we should do it more often. Andand here we are. 是啊,我们还说以后要经常聚聚,然后就是现在了
So, Sheldon and Bernadette are hanging out. 谢尔顿和伯纳黛特在一起呢
I know. What are they gonna talk about? 是啊,他们会聊什么呢
I don't know. I really don't know. 我不知道,我是真心不知道啊
Oh, good! Oh, thank God! You guys been here long? 太好了,谢天谢地,你们俩来很久了吗
No, two minutes. But yes. 不,刚到两分钟,但的确很久了
Where's Claire? Oh, she's meeting us here. 克莱尔呢,她直接来这里找我们
Hey, guys, do me a favor and don't ask too many questions about the relationship. We're just keeping it casual. 伙计们,帮我个忙,不要问太多关于我俩关系的事,我们现在是顺其自然的状态
Oh, so I shouldn't ask her how she feels about being a member of your harem? 所以我不该问她,作为你的后宫中的其中一名妃子,有何感想吗
Yeah, I know you're teasing, but watch out for karma. 我知道你只是耍嘴皮,但小心遭报应
Hey, Penny, isn't that your old boyfriend Zack? Oh, yeah. 佩妮,那不是你的前男友扎克吗,是啊
Are you gonna say hi to him? Uh, I don't know. 你要过去跟他打招呼吗,不知道耶
Hey, while you decide, who was better in bed: big hot Zack or wheezy little Leonard? Neener neener. 你犹豫时我问下谁床上功夫更了得,是龙精虎猛扎克哥,还是气喘小弟莱纳德,现世报,来得快
I brought sparkling cider. 我带了气泡苹果汁
Oh... the bubbles
tickle15 my nose. 气泡会让我鼻子发痒
I'll just open this now so it can get nice and flat before we drink it. 我现在就打开好了,等我们喝的时候,就没气又好喝了
So what do you want to do tonight? 你今晚想干点什么呀
Oh, I have quite the evening planned. Our fetusfriendly festival of fun begins with an indepth look at the world of model trains, 我已经都计划好了,我们的欢乐爱胎节,第一个节目是深入观察现代火车的世界
and then we'll kick things up a
notch16 and explore all the different ways that you can make toast. 然后我们把快乐加倍,去探索 制作吐司的各种不同途径
There's more than one? 吐司不就一种吗
You've heard of French toast? Yeah. Cinnamon toast? Yeah. Melba toast? Yeah. You get where I'm going here? Yeah. 你知道法式吐司吗,知道,肉桂吐司呢,知道,梅尔巴吐司,知道,你懂我话中的意思了吧,知道
I'm getting an earthy note. Ah, there's definitely some oak. Also, uh, cherries? 我闻到了土香,肯定掺杂着一丝木香,还有,樱桃香吗
I smell nothing. Really? Nothing? 我啥也闻不到,不是吧,啥味儿都没有吗
Just a... whole lot of Afrin. 全是我鼻喷剂的味道
Penny? Oh. Zack, hi! You guys remember Zack. 佩妮,扎克,你好啊,你们都记得扎克吧
Yeah, hey,
buddy17. Hello. Hey, did you two get married? 当然,你好啊,兄弟,你好,你们俩结婚了吗
We did. Yeah, mmhmm. To each other? Yes. 是的,对,是跟对方吗,是的
Cool. 'Cause other than when you broke up with him and dated me, then broke up with me, and then dated me one more time before going back to him, I was always rooting for you two. 酷,因为除了当你跟他分手后来跟我约会,然后又跟我分手然后在回到他身边之前,再次跟我约会的这些时候,其余时候我一直很看好你们俩哦
Thanks. So how's the science world? What are you guys up to? 多谢赏识,科学世界还好吗,你们几个在鼓捣啥呢
WWe've actually been working on a prototype for a navigation system we invented. But we won't bore you with the details. 我们为我们之前发明的导向系统研发一个原型,但怕烦到你,细节方面我们就不说了
Are you kidding? I love science. Einstein, Stephen
Hawking18, Mike deGrasse Tyson. Mike deGrasse Tyson? 开什么玩笑,我爱科学,爱因斯坦,史蒂芬·霍金,迈克·德葛拉司·泰森,迈克·德葛拉司·泰森吗
Yeah, you know, the
boxer19 who grew a mustache and became a scientist. 是啊,就是拳手泰森留了小胡子后成为了科学家泰森
So what's your invention? 你们发明了什么
Well, we're using quantum vortices to replace gyroscopes in guidance systems. 我们用量子旋涡替换了导向系统中的陀螺仪
What's neat is that they can maintain angular
momentum20 indefinitely. 最酷的是它可以永久性地保持角动量
Angular momentum. I was wondering about that. 角动量,我正好也在想这个问题呢
You could put it in a satellite or a rocket, and it'll run forever. 它可以安置在卫星或火箭上就可以永久运行
Cool. Could it be used for missiles and war stuff? 很酷嘛,那它可以应用在导弹或者其他武器上吗
Yeah, but we didn't create it for weapons. And I doubt the military would be interested in our little guidance system. 当然可以,但我们发明它不是为了制造武器,我也怀疑军方会不会对我们这小小的导向系统感兴趣
Is it better than the one they use now? A lot! Way better. 这玩意能比得上他们现在的技术吗,好太多了,甩他们几条街
You sure you guys are smart? 你们这群家伙真的智商超群吗
分享到: