生活大爆炸 第九季:第23集 谢尔顿花钱买服务引发的风波(下)
时间:2019-03-01 02:51:34
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Amy! Amy! Amy! Come in. Hello, everyone. 艾米,艾米,艾米,进来,大家好
Oh, Beverly, good to see you! 贝弗利,很高兴见到你
I'd love to chat, but there's a line that could start moving any minute, so let's do this. 我本想坐下来小聊一下,但是我们排的队马上就要进场了,所以我就直说了
Amy? A proper apology requires three steps. Step one an admission of wrongdoing. Amy, I was wrong. 艾米,一个完整的道歉需要以下三个步骤,第一步,承认错误,艾米,我错了
Step two a promise never to repeat said action. Amy, that action will never be repeated, and that's a promise. 第二步,承诺再也不犯同样的错误,艾米,我再也不会犯同样的错了,我保证
Step three an earnest request for forgiveness. Amy, I hope you can forgive me. 第三步,诚恳地请求对方原谅,艾米,求求你原谅我吧
And I hope you do it right now, 'cause there's an Uber waiting downstairs, and I don't want to repeat this apology nonsense with my driver Ganesh. Fine. 而且你最好快点原谅,因为还有辆优步在楼下等着我呢,我可不想对着我的司机甘尼什再重复一遍无聊的道歉了,原谅你了
Oh, thanks! You're a peach! Beverly, we'll catch up soon. Bernadette, it was a pleasure as always, Penny, you have
spinach1 in your teeth. 多谢了,你真是个好人,贝弗利,回聊啊,伯纳黛特,回见啊,佩妮,你牙齿上有菠菜
How long have I had spinach in my teeth? 这菠菜粘在我牙齿上多久了
Since the airport, dear. You look like you come with a kickstand. 在机场时就有了,亲,你看起来就像是长了个支架一样
You can't make me feel bad. 你的话伤不了我
Hmm, maybe not. Leonard? 也许我不行,莱纳德你来
So, when the aliens brought you back, they just left the
probe2 in? 外星人把你送回来时是不是忘记把探测仪拔出来了
I'm back. Hey, how'd it go? It went well. 我回来了,怎么样,完美
Yeah, I've learned that if you never say you're sorry, the times you do really puts them on their heels. 我发现如果你从来没有道过歉,当你真的道歉时,对方可是会吓到呢
Uh, Stuart, I relieve you of your line duties. 斯图尔特,你可以不用帮我排队了
Anyone else need anything before I go? 还有人需要我的帮忙吗
I'll give you a dollar if make fun of Raj. That's mean. Five. 给你一块钱,羞辱一下拉杰,你太坏了,五块钱
You look like Tigger if Tigger looked like a jackass. 你好像长着尾巴的跳跳虎,如果跳跳虎和你一样像个智障的话
Uh, if you ever need a
reference3 or anything, just let me know. 如果你以后需要推荐人,记得找我
Hey, guys. You made it. 我来了,你总算赶到了
Did you see that? He just cut the line. 你们看见没,他插队了
He's just joining his friends; it's fine. 人家有朋友在排队呢,别管了
We're near the front of the line. We'll get in either way. 我们差不多排在队伍的最前面了,不管怎样我们都能进去
What if every person in front of us lets someone cut? We'd still get in. 如果我们之前的每个人都让人插队呢,我们也能进去
What if each of those people let someone cut? Still get in. 如果每个插队的人又让人插队呢,还是能进去
But then each of those people let someone cut? 如果后来的人又让人插队呢
We'd still get in, but first I'd hit you over the head with his stick chair. 还是能进去,但首先我要用他的手杖椅把你打昏
Excuse me. Oh, please don't. 对不起,求你别说
Uh, uh, I couldn't help but notice that you cut the line. 我看到你插队了
Oh, uh, I'm with my friends. It's cool. 我朋友在这排着呢,没事
Well, no. It's not cool. If there were reserved seating, and we all had tickets, that would be fine. 才怪,这才不会没事,如果座位是预定好的,我们每个人都有票,那就没事
But this line is firstcome, firstserved. Not "Show up
tardy6 and nevertheless be first served" Right here. No. 但这队伍是谁先来谁有座,而不是"最后一个来,最先一个坐",来击个掌吧,不要
You need to go to the back of the line. 你得站到队伍最后面去
Uh, who made you line monitor? 谁批准你来当排队监督员的
Mrs. Wunch in fourth grade. And my slogan was "A line that's straight is a line that's great" 小学四年级的旺琪老师,我的口号是"笔直的队伍才是好队伍"
Is this guy for real? Boy, I wish I could say no. 这家伙是认真的吗,老兄,我也希望他是在开玩笑
That was very nice of Sheldon to apologize. 谢尔顿愿意道歉,真是很不错
Well, he's come a long way. Or a short way very slowly, so it feels like a long way. 他已经进步很多了,或者是慢慢进小碎步,所以让人错觉已经是很大的进步了
Your relationship with him is fascinating. I'm preparing to write a book on highachieving couples, and I would love to interview the both of you. 你和他之间的关系真是太有意思了,我正准备写一本有关那些事业有成的伴侣的书,我很想采访一下你们
Oh, sure. I'llI'll talk to Sheldon about it. 好啊,我会告诉谢尔顿这事
You know, Bernadette's husband is a former astronaut. 伯纳黛特的老公以前还当过宇航员呢
Really? Do you think he would be interested in being interviewed as well? 真的吗,你觉得他会对被采访感兴趣吗
Do I think he'd be interested? Sometimes I hear him pretending to be interviewed when he's alone in the bathroom. 我觉得他会感兴趣吗,有时候我能听到他独自躲在厕所里假装正在接受采访呢
Wonderful! I'll give you my contact information. 太好了,我会把联系方式留给你
Um, you should probably talk to Penny, too. 你也应该和佩妮聊聊啊
About what? Okay, you know what? This is ridiculous. 聊什么,你知道吗,你真是太奇葩了
I've been trying to make a connection with you all day, and clearly I'm getting nowhere. 我这一天都努力跟你处好关系,明显都是白费力
Well, are you seeking a connection or just some form of
validation7? 你是在寻求相互有种默契还是某种形式的承认
What I was seeking was some sort of friendship. But at this point, I'll take you not insulting me to my face. 我在寻求的是一点友情,但走到这步,我只求你不当面羞辱我就好
My intention was never to insult you. 我的本意从不是要羞辱你
You've been doing it all day! 你今天一整天都是这样
Do you even know what an insult is?! 你到底知不知道什么是羞辱
Well, it's not a clinical term. But one example would be your marrying my son, and not
inviting8 me or even telling me the wedding was taking place. 虽然不是临床用语,但举个例子,应该是你嫁给我儿子,没有邀请也没有告知我要结婚这件事
Okay, good example. What about Joss Whedon's work makes you think he'd be okay with rulebreakers and linecutters?! 好,这个例子好,乔斯·惠登的作品是如何令你觉得破坏规则和插队是没问题的
The Avengers are rulebreakers! Being vengeful is in their job description! 复仇者联盟就是破坏规则者,复仇二字就写在职责描述里
They work for SHIELD, which is a
sanctioned9 department of the U.S. Government! Do you work for a sanctioned department of the U.S. Government? 他们为神盾局工作,那是受美国政府管理的部门,你也为受美国政府管理的部门工作吗
As a matter of fact I do. At a little place called the DMV. 其实我还真是,在一个小地方叫"车辆管理局"
He's got him there. The D even stands for department. 他说得有道理,而且跟神盾局一样有"局"字
Excuse me! Excuse me, can I please see a show of hands? Who here takes issue with this person cutting the line? 大家注意,大家看这里,能不能举手表态,认为此人插队行为有问题的请举手
Told you. Well, what a sad state of affairs! That you've all been so ground down by life, you don't even notice when someone disrespects you. 我就说吧,多么悲哀的世道啊,你们都被生活打击到,连有人不尊重你们都毫无知觉
I can't believe we're gonna get beat up, and it's not because of your chair. 不敢相信我们即将被揍的原因,居然不是因为你的手杖椅
You know, right now, at the back of this line, there's a movie fan like you who's not going to get in, because this person simply doesn't care. 可知道就在现在,队伍的后面有一个和你一样的影迷即将无法进入影厅,就是因为这个人的不在乎
Yeah, well, 61 years ago, there was another person at the back of the line and her name was Rosa Parks. 没错,在61年前的队伍里后面也站着一个人,她的名字就叫罗莎·帕克斯
Okay, you may have to pretend you're black to get us out of here. 听着,你一会儿可能要装成黑人帮我们逃过这一劫
Now, let's follow in that brave woman's footsteps, and stand up for ourselves! 现在让我们跟随那位勇敢女性的脚步为我们自己站出来吧
Andand I realize that she stood up by remaining seated, but now is not that time to enjoy the
irony10 of that. 我知道她是为了能坐下而"站起来"的,但现在不是享受这份讽刺感的时候
Now, I ask you again. Who here takes issue with this person? 现在我再问一遍,如果你觉得这个人...
Why should we listen to you? You cut the line yourself. 我们为什么要听你讲话,你也是一个插队的
I most certainly did not. 我确定一定以及肯定没有
I saw you. If you're feeling dizzy, it's because the tables have turned. 我亲眼看到的,如果你觉得头晕,那是因为风水轮流转
Excuse me, I paid someone to wait in line for me, and then when I arrived, he left, so what you saw, my good woman, was "swapsies" not "cutsies" 你听好,我是付钱请人替我排队,等我到达以后,他就走了,所以你这女子亲眼所见的叫"换"人,不叫"插"队
Oh, no, no, no, no, wait! I ask you all again. A show of hands. 不行不行,等等,我再问一遍,请举手
Who here takes issue? Well, stop moving! He's gonna get in! 谁对这个人... 别走了,他就要进去了
Buddy11, let it go. No, I can't. This isn't right. 兄弟,随他吧,不行,我做不到,这样不对
You did everything you could. 你已经尽力了
No, I could've done more. 不,我还能更努力
Now, now, you
denigrated12 the memory of a great civil rights pioneer. That's all anyone could ask. 乖啦,你把我们对伟大人权运动先驱的美好记忆都摧毁了,你做的已经够多了
To be honest, I'm surprised you cared about the wedding at all. 老实说,我没有想到你居然会在乎那场婚礼
I'm still human, Penny. Not getting invited to my own son's wedding is difficult to ignore. 我也是个人,佩妮,自己儿子的婚礼不被邀请很难不在意
I know how you feel. She didn't invite any of us. 我懂你的感受,她也没有邀请我们
It was spur of the moment! But we did get to see a live stream of it on the Internet. 那是一时冲动下去结的,但我们有在网上看直播
I could've watched it on the Internet? Thank you. 我也可以看网上直播啊,谢你啊
So if we would have asked you to come to Vegas 所以如果我们邀请你去拉斯维加斯
to see us get married, you would've come? 参加我们的婚礼,你会来的吗
No, I would've said you're making a huge mistake. But an invitation would've been nice. 不会,我会说你们犯了滔天大错,但邀请一下也算礼数做到了啊
You really think we made a mistake? 你真觉得我们是错误吗
At the time I did. But II've never seen Leonard so happy, so... perhaps I was wrong. 当时我是那么认为的,但我从来没见过莱纳德那么开心,所以,也许是我错了
Okay. Well, um, how about this? Maybe while you're still in town, Leonard and I could have another small ceremony. You know, if you're interested. 好吧,那这样吧,趁着你还在城里,我跟莱纳德再办一次小仪式,如果你想参加的话
She would find it perfectly acceptable! You guys saw it! We
bonded15! 她说完全可以接受,你们看到了吧,我们婆媳情深
Howie? You doing okay? You've been in there a while. 华仔,你没事吧,你已经在里面待很久了
I'm fine. Be right out. Am I an American hero? 没事,马上出去,我算不算美国英雄
Well, that's a good question, Jim. Don't you think once an astronaut leaves the planet, he's a hero to all the nations of the Earth? 真是个好问题,吉姆,你不觉得一位宇航员一旦离开了地球就成为世界英雄了吗
Okey ,okey. I think I have time for one more question. 好的,我应该还有空回答最后一道问题
分享到: