英语 英语 日语 日语 韩语 韩语 法语 法语 德语 德语 西班牙语 西班牙语 意大利语 意大利语 阿拉伯语 阿拉伯语 葡萄牙语 葡萄牙语 越南语 越南语 俄语 俄语 芬兰语 芬兰语 泰语 泰语 泰语 丹麦语 泰语 对外汉语

VOA常速英语2019--雕刻巧克力的艺术

时间:2019-12-26 23:56来源:互联网 提供网友:nan   字体: [ ]
    (单词翻译:双击或拖选)

Sculpting Chocolate

When I work with chocolate, I feel like a passion just take over me.

当我和巧克力一起工作的时候,我感觉有一种激情。 

The connection I have with chocolate feels really ancient like it goes back lifetimes.

我和巧克力的联系很久了,好像可以追溯到有生之年。 

I love everything about chocolate,making it working with it

我喜欢巧克力的一切,和它一起工作 

and especially the reaction I get from people when they try my chocolate.

尤其是当人们尝我的巧克力时给出的反应。 

My name is Julianna Desmond and I am a chocolate artist.

我叫朱莉安娜·德斯蒙德,我是巧克力艺术家。 

I became inspired to work with chocolate after seven trips that I had taken to Mexico.

在去过墨西哥的七次旅行之后,我有了和巧克力一起工作的灵感。 

During my travels I had a lot of ideas for art that I wanted to create.

在我的旅行中,我有很多关于我想要创作艺术的想法。 

I do hand-building,mostly sculptures because I was traveling so much,I didn’t have the opportunity to create.

我手工制作,大部分是雕塑,因为我经常旅行,我没有机会创造。 

When I came back to Tucson and was a little more grounded,

当我回到图森的时候,更加的理性 

I got the idea why not make molds that our food safe and I can pour chocolate in them.

我有个主意,为什么不把模子做成食物安全级的,我可以倒巧克力在里面。 

So first we’re gonna start with making a mold,with a thermo-forming machine.

所以我们首先要用热成型机做一个模子, 

This is typically used by dentists for making dental implants.

这一般是牙医用来制作牙科植入物。 

I use it for making chocolate molds,turn the heat on,and this top part will heat up.

我用它做巧克力模具,加热,上面的部分会变热。 

It’s gonna get pretty loud once I turn it on the vacuum.And that’s a mold.

一旦我打开真空泵它就会变得很响。那是个模子。 

Originally I was doing the chocolate art as a business.

最初我做巧克力艺术是为了谋生。 

And I realized that it wasn’t bringing me as much joy.

我意识到这并没有给我带来多大的快乐。 

I was losing my passion and enthusiasm for it as an art.

我失去了作为一种艺术的激情和热情。 

It became repetitive and realized that I had to shift my perspective.

它变得重复,我意识到必须改变我的观点。 

I allowed myself to dream up a plan to take the art of chocolate making to Mexico,

我自己想出了一个把巧克力制作艺术带到墨西哥的计划, 

Because that’s where cacao originated but the people there don’t have access to equipment,

因为那是可可的发源地,但是那里的人们没有设备 

to the practices of fine chocolate making.

没有做好巧克力的方法。 

Those were all developed in Europe and never made it back to the land where cacao originated.

这些都是在欧洲发展起来的,从来没有回到可可的发源地。 

So now that it’s cooled,take the tray out of there and pop the design out and there’s your mold.

现在它已经冷却了,把托盘从那里拿出来,弹出来,这就是你的模具。 

This here is a silicone mold that I made of some cactus.

这是我用仙人掌做的硅树脂模具。 

And this is the thermo-formed mold that we just made.

这就是我们刚刚制作的热成型模具。 

Now I’m going to pour the chocolate into the molds.Now put it in the fridge.

现在我要把巧克力倒进模具里。现在把它放在冰箱里。 

Besides learning techniques for chocolate making,

除了学习巧克力制作技术外, 

I also learned about many unjust practices in the cacao industry.

我还了解到可可产业许多不公正的做法。 

I planned a trip to Tabasco Mexico where most of the cacao grown in Mexico comes from,

我计划去墨西哥塔巴斯科,种植的可可大多来自那里, 

and I reached out to a co-op that helps farmers process their beans, dry and ferment them.

我联系了一家合作社帮助农民加工他们的豆子,把它们弄干发酵。 

I took with me a thermal forming machine that I donated to them.

我带了一台我捐赠给他们的热成型机。 

So they could create their own culturally inspired custom molds.

这样他们就可以创造出有自己的文化的定制模具。 

They gave me a tour of their co-op and that’s when I realized I could make a difference.

他们带我参观了他们的合作社,那时我意识到我可以有所作为。 

And I taught a two-day workshop so they could learn how to make truffles themselves.

我教了一个为期两天的工作坊,这样他们就能学会如何自己做松露了。 

The class that I taught was mostly women and they were all very excited and enthusiastic

我所教授的课程大多是女性,她们都非常兴奋和热情, 

about learning new methods of processing their cacao and new recipes to make with it.

学习新的可可加工方法和制作新食谱。 

Because typically in that region of Mexico what they make is a beverage and

因为通常在墨西哥的那个地区他们做的是饮料 

they were very excited to learn how to make more than just beverages.

他们非常兴奋地学习如何做不仅仅是饮料的东西。 

My favorite chocolate is a truffle because it has cream and butter.

我最喜欢的巧克力是松露,因为它有奶油和黄油。 

As far as tempering and chocolate art goes,dark chocolate is the easiest to work with.

就处理和制作巧克力艺术而言,黑巧克力是最容易使用的。 

Now I only make chocolate occasionally for friends and family

现在我只偶尔为朋友和家人做巧克力。 

and I take orders on my website seasonally and for the holidays.

我在我的网站上按季节和节假日接受订单。 

I keep in contact with the ladies and they’ve told me that

我和女士们保持联系,她们告诉我 

the melanger has revolutionized the way that they make chocolate.

这种方式彻底改变了他们制作巧克力的方式。 

Seeing their reaction brought so much fulfillment and

看到他们的反应带来了巨大的满足感 

I felt like it was my calling as an artist that it gave me a lot of satisfaction.

我觉得这是我作为一名艺术家的使命,它给了我很大的满足感。 

My hope is to empower the women with work opportunities that

我的希望是赋予妇女更多的工作机会 

preserve their culture and they can pass on to their future generations.

保护他们的文化,他们就可以传给他们的后代。 

本文本内容来源于互联网抓取和网友提交,仅供参考,部分栏目没有内容,如果您有更合适的内容,欢迎点击提交分享给大家。
------分隔线----------------------------
TAG标签:   VOA英语  VOA常速  VOA听力
顶一下
(0)
0%
踩一下
(0)
0%
最新评论 查看所有评论
发表评论 查看所有评论
请自觉遵守互联网相关的政策法规,严禁发布色情、暴力、反动的言论。
评价:
表情:
验证码:
听力搜索
推荐频道
论坛新贴