-
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
Ned held out his hand. Let me have it, then. 奈德伸出手:"那就交给我罢。"
Luwin did not stir. Pardons, my lord. The message is not for you either. 鲁温学士没有反应。"老爷,很抱歉,可信也不是给您的。
It is marked for the eyes of the Lady Catelyn, and her alone. May I approach? 上面清楚写着只能让凯特琳夫人拆看。我可以把信送过去吗?"
Catelyn nodded, not trusting to speak. The maester placed the paper on the table beside the bed. 凯特琳点点头,没有答话。鲁温把信放在她床边的矮桌上,
It was sealed with a small blob of blue wax. Luwin bowed and began to retreat. 信封乃是用一滴蓝色蜡油封笺。鲁温鞠了个躬,准备告退。
Stay, Ned commanded him. His voice was grave. He looked at Catelyn. What is it? My lady, you’re shaking. "留下来。"奈德语气沉重地命令,他看看凯特琳。"夫人,怎么了?你在发抖。"
I’m afraid, she admitted. She reached out and took the letter in trembling hands. "我害怕啊。"她坦承。她伸出颤抖的双手拿起信封,
The furs dropped away from her nakedness, forgotten. In the blue wax was the moon-and-falcon seal of House Arryn. 皮毛从她身上滑落,她完全忘记了自己赤裸的身体。只见蓝色封蜡上印有艾林家族的新月猎鹰家徽。
It’s from Lysa. Catelyn looked at her husband. It will not make us glad, she told him. "是莱莎写的信,"凯特琳看着她丈夫说,"只怕不会是什么好消息。"
There is grief in this message, Ned. I can feel it. 她告诉他,"奈德,这封信里蕴藏着无尽的哀伤,我感觉得出来。"
Ned frowned, his face darkening. Open it. 奈德双眉深锁,脸色转阴。"拆开。"
Catelyn broke the seal. 凯特琳揭开封印。
Her eyes moved over the words. At first they made no sense to her. Then she remembered. 她的眼神扫过内文,起初看不出所以,随后才猛然醒悟:
Lysa took no chances. When we were girls together, we had a private language, she and I. "莱莎行事谨慎,不肯冒险。我们年幼时发明了一种秘密语言,只有我和她懂。"
Can you read it? "那你能否读出信上的内容?"
Yes, Catelyn admitted. "能。"凯特琳表示。
Then tell us. "告诉我们。"
Perhaps I should withdraw, Maester Luwin said. "我想我还是先告退为好。"鲁温学士道。
No, Catelyn said. We will need your counsel. She threw back the furs and climbed from the bed. "不,"凯特琳说,"我们需要你的意见。"她掀开毛皮,翻身下床,走到房间的另一头。
The night air was as cold as the grave on her bare skin as she padded across the room. 午夜的冷气寒彻心肺,凄冷有如坟墓。