-
(单词翻译:双击或拖选)
If you knew that was your decision, why put Mary through it?
如果早就下定决心 为何让女儿受苦
But I didn't know it was my decision, my final decision, until tonight.
并非一开始就想如此 今晚才最终决定
But I find I cannot ruin the estate or hollow out the title for the sake of Mary, even with a better man than that.
我不能为了让女儿嫁个好人家 便拿这么多年经营的庄园作陪葬
I try to understand. I just can't.
我想理解 但没法做到
Why should you? Downton is in my blood and in my bones, it's not in yours.
别为难自己 唐顿是我的家族产业 不是你的
And I can no more be the cause of its destruction than I could betray my country.
它不能毁在我手里 这相当于背叛祖国
Also, how was I to know he wouldn't take her without the money?
再者 这样就知道他是为钱而来
Don't pretend to be a child because it suits you.
别得了便宜还卖乖
Do you think she would have been happy, with a fortune hunter?
嫁给一心只为钱财的人会幸福吗
She might have been. I was!
有可能会啊 我就是活例
Have you been happy? Really? Have I made you happy?
你幸福吗 说真话 我让你感到幸福吗
Yes.
当然了
That is, since you fell in love with me, which if I remember correctly was about a year after we were married.
那是你爱上我之后了 如果没记错 是婚后一年左右
Not a year. Not as long as that.
没有一年 没有那么久
But it wouldn't have happened for Mary.
但Mary不会
Why not?
为什么
Because I am so much nicer than the Duke of Crowborough.
我可比那个公爵要好得多
I'll be the judge of that. Just don't think I'm going to let it rest, Robert.
这得由我说了算 别以为这就完了
I haven't given up, by any means.
无论如何 我还未放弃
I must do what my conscience tells me.
良心主宰我
And so must I. And I don't want you to think I'll let it rest.
我也一样 别以为我会这样放过你